Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, no anchoring involved, although there was a boat and an odd mooring setup. So, I'd say you are getting warmer...:biggrin:

You noticed the current, good catch. It goes by at ~7knots for much of a big tide cycle, quieting down for only an hour or so during slack tide. Bit of an interesting spot in a small boat. :pighug:
I'm used to the cape cod canal. Interesting thing theres is the tidal difference between the buzzards bay side and the cape cod bay side is 3.5 hours so the current can be dead calm 4 times a day IIRC and it just rips thru there when it's not. Sailboats with diesels wait the tides to time it right. I think the minimum out board rating allowed is like 35 hp and at the wrong tide it's everything they could do to stay at a stand still fighting the current
Pulled a boat off the buzzard bay end. They were feet from the rocks and scared, they were gonna go down if we didn't yank them out. They had no clue what they were doing and didn't belong there luckily everyone was fine.
Amazing stripper fishing and blues there bonito and false Albies in the fall.
I've heard it claimed once a year some one surf casting from the shore in the canal will hook a tuna. Same out come everytime stripped bail snapped off. I usually run 40 lb braid surf casting there with a 6' 25 mono leader for shock and to snap off. I'll jig head and rubber eel the bottom feeling for holes or run a big Gibbs darter. Some times a yozuri crystal mag.
We head off the vineyard hedges fence to jig black sea bass. Out in the boat if were chasing strippers and blues we're often just chasing terns they're the fishermen we just follow lol

Did perhaps an overly aggressive Male or males decide you were a threat??

oh, i know, i know! :jump: the answer is -> -> -> GODZILLA! :headbang: ppp
Sometimes the big males might give Godzilla a reason to think first before bugging them, but no the big G didn't do it. The big males are about a ton in weight, and they do not take kindly to intruders. Their skulls make grizzly bear skulls look kinda normal, if a little small. :biggrin: Also, you might not be able outrun one on rough ground. :pighug:

What is the second PID controller for?

Really nice choice on the press, methinks. :pighug:

the enail mines heating up now:headbang::pass:

image.jpg

Off to work on the grow room and soak some seeds, goodnight everyone :toke:
Before I clock out....
I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome back and for making me feel like I was home again.
A hard clump of years .
The one thing that hits my heart the most is that I knew when I finished healing enough and was ready to come home, I signed in knowing I'd be hugged and welcomed.
That is true Familia
Off to tend the garden, not meaning to be a downer, just the opposite..
My long winded way of saying that it is good to be back, and I missed y'all. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
And yes, I'm stoned. Stoned straight.
:biggrin::pass::bighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back