Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, around here, apparently not. No offense meant with my comment yesterday, I just feel for the moderators, they have a hard job, and they are doing it on their own time. The vibe around here could not be the same without their efforts.

Happy growing! :pighug: :cheers:
For sure man! Why i erased my own risqué gif cuz I knew without a doubt someone would report me so after a few laughs by those present at the time i erased it! :d5:

For having basically just tore it up the sour tangie X mimosa dude has rebounded quite nicely and new roots abound! :headbang:
54DC948C-114C-4AD4-9CF8-591E580E8816.jpeg
4807916E-A464-4068-8D87-C922D504A7E6.jpeg
A443A645-4A19-4DC8-9760-D23EB8956BBC.jpeg
30748B04-5EA7-4E70-AEE6-D88467911C22.jpeg

Hasn’t even been a week since i tugged it out the 10gal pot so it’s apparently already got over that trauma and gotten back to growing! First 2 days it was laying sideways at 90 degree angle but guess it was getting used to its new digs! :thumbsup:

Almost forgot but i did add a teaspoon of dynomyco down there just below where i planted it! Last night got a kelp/aloe/fulvic foliar along with the 2 twin planted autos!

Cannacages used my pictures from here on their website without asking me but i was honored to have my pictures on their site :headbang:

Do they need to ask 1st or is everything we post public?
Well, I doubt that there are enforced rules, but I would personally never use someone's photo for commercial purposes myself unless I asked first. It is an ethics thing to me.

The way I look at it, by posting an image here, I am making viewing of it public, I am not giving my work to anyone for their own use. At least that is the way I look at it.

There are sites that publish images specifically with permissions for use, but that is a different matter IMO to posting stuff on a forum for others' viewing or discussion. Unless of course the permission to use imagery is a forum rule that is communicated up front before people decide what to post.

I do not think it unreasonable that commercial entities ask first. Most of us here including me would likely be glad to help a vendor in this business if we could, but asking first is an appropriate courtesy.

But OF don't make da rules eh. :biggrin::pighug:

For sure man! Why i erased my own risqué gif cuz I knew without a doubt someone would report me so after a few laughs by those present at the time i erased it! :d5:
sneaky, but effective. :biggrin::pighug:

Well, I doubt that there are enforced rules, but I would personally never use someone's photo for commercial purposes myself unless I asked first. It is an ethics thing to me.

The way I look at it, by posting an image here, I am making viewing of it public, I am not giving my work to anyone for their own use. At least that is the way I look at it.

There are sites that publish images specifically with permissions for use, but that is a different matter IMO to posting stuff on a forum for others' viewing or discussion. Unless of course the permission to use imagery is a forum rule that is communicated up front before people decide what to post.

I do not think it unreasonable that commercial entities ask first. Most of us here including me would likely be glad to help a vendor in this business if we could, but asking first is an appropriate courtesy.

I was always under the impression that it’s part of the deal when companies give us free products to test. We get free shit, they use our pictures and info for marketing purposes. Otherwise, why give us said free shit? :shrug:

Technically any photo u post is your copyrighted (i think) property and anyone using them without permission can be subject to applicable laws! Believe it was @Drownomatic explaining this cuz he shoots rock concerts and has had peeps misappropriate his photos from online without giving the credit and he said he sends them a cease and desist order along with a bill whenever it happens! These are usually companies tho whereas if it was just a person using your weed pics prob aint gonna pay said bill if u send them 1!

I was always under the impression that it’s part of the deal when companies give us free products to test. We get free shit, they use our pictures and info for marketing purposes. Otherwise, why give us said free shit? :shrug:
Same here i thought it was just common courtesy that Jeano still asked us if we minded if he used or reposted them!

Hey, I have absolutely no problem with that. If a vendor donates test material to a grower, and the grower was aware that that use of photos was part of the arrangement, all was perfectly fair. I would never hesitate to provide photos to a vendor that actually supplied me with product to test, that expectation is perfectly reasonable as long as it is up front. Providing useful imagery is one of the things we can do to support AFN sponsors, and I am all for it. Courtesy and transparency in the process is good though. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back