Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since you brought it up I didn’t want say anything but I believe there is science to it that the plants go right to work when the lights come they don’t need a gradual ramping up of the lights.. Now I do know some colors triggers other things but that just the how the plant works at lights on
It isn't the ramping, it is the spectrum of light that acts as the trigger.

Personally I have not seen a difference. The current watering requirements on my cabinet grow is not 24 hours but 32 hours, so it gets both.
Since transpiration occurs at a higher rate during lights on, I felt that was enough to do my watering at lights on......even in EBs.
I don't add water to the rez without a dry rez period, so watering on top of my nute bank to feed or water in the rez at first light, just go together.

I have my lights turn off from noon to 6pm, which would be the warmest part of the day. That way I'm not heating my place up more than necessary when its warmer outside. Plants don't know what time of day it is outside.
I had to opt for night lights for reasons of economy - in my country the costs have exploded, but I benefit from special rates at night

I had to opt for night lights for reasons of economy - in my country the costs have exploded, but I benefit from special rates at night

Any chance you could use batteries and a UPS to charge up at night and use during the day?

Electric rates in my area are nuts too. I'm paying around $400 a month USD for electric.

happee first day of Spring kidz! :watering: :joy: windy in the heartland today, but a forecast high of 59f & it'z pleazant enuff otherwize :cools: :headbang: ppp

0daf7307f856df4dbf66b78b6ae61cad--im-fabulous-fabulous-quotes.jpg

20230320_111617.jpg
20230320_111915.jpg
20230320_112444.jpg
20230320_111815.jpg
20230320_113256.jpg
jumping-cats-facebook-cover.jpg

I've looked into it, and the break even point is so far in the future that it just makes no sense to me yet.
I looked at that recently and renewing with a 2-year fixed price contract lowered my rate enough to drive the proposal out of the money. If you’re in a deregulated market, getting off the month-to-month rate can lower your overall bill by as much as 50% because the retailer purchases forward contracts to hedge it. Funny enough, they’re likely using solar or wind at the utility simply because the cost to provide has dropped below gas-fired plants.

I looked at that recently and renewing with a 2-year fixed price contract lowered my rate enough to drive the proposal out of the money. If you’re in a deregulated market, getting off the month-to-month rate can lower your overall bill by as much as 50% because the retailer purchases forward contracts to hedge it. Funny enough, they’re likely using solar or wind at the utility simply because the cost to provide has dropped below gas-fired plants.

There is TONS of solar going in around me. Lots of shitty rocky land not good for growing, just grazing.

People around here HATE it. Lots of push back. Apparently the company putting the stuff in isn't doing any maintenance, so within a year the entire site looks like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back