Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man how long u think til this photo dude is dropping loads?? Trying to figure out how long til i need to move it into the office! :d5:
View attachment 1554130View attachment 1554131View attachment 1554132
I'd move it now. You are probably safe for a few days, but once those flowers start to open, you will be in trouble if that plant is in the tent with a fan going. Git it outa there is my advice. If you want seeds, you can let some flowers open elsewhere, carefully collect a bunch just as they open and put them in a small pill vial or the like inside a bigger jar with some dessicated silica gel to help dry the flowers completely. Once they are dry, you can use the pollen by injecting with a syringe, applying with a small brush, or whatever turns your crank.

The pollen plant does not need to be happy, just alive, so you don't need to sweat the details. A windowsill would do for light, just make sure that you do not leave the plant producing pollen for long, you just want to harvest some opening flowers, and then get the plant out of your house. Male plants drop a lot of pollen, far far more than you want loose anywhere in your house.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

It was frank telling dabber when he was thinking of trying DWC... I don't really know what to say on the subject have done both ways with good results but I am 18/6 for the long hull cause it just seems more natural to have a night time :shrug:
Pretty sure I was trying to talk him outta switching from one method to another….and just focusing on perfecting one style. IMO all the experimenting folks do comes at the detriment of their flowers…..some of the time at least. To each their own of course, but sometimes you have to take a step back and refocus on what the goal of your garden is. Are you trying to grow/smoke awesome weed, or are you just trying to try every product and every grow style there is? If the goal is awesome weed, it’s better to pick one style and perfect it. IMO

I'd move it now. You are probably safe for a few days, but once those flowers start to open, you will be in trouble if that plant is in the tent with a fan going. Git it outa there is my advice. If you want seeds, you can let some flowers open elsewhere, carefully collect a bunch just as they open and put them in a small pill vial or the like inside a bigger jar with some dessicated silica gel to help dry the flowers completely. Once they are dry, you can use the pollen by injecting with a syringe, applying with a small brush, or whatever turns your crank.

The pollen plant does not need to be happy, just alive, so you don't need to sweat the details. A windowsill would do for light, just make sure that you do not leave the plant producing pollen for long, you just want to harvest some opening flowers, and then get the plant out of your house. Male plants drop a lot of pollen, far far more than you want loose anywhere in your house.

Another detail that might help, keep the plant well away from any strong air current. Choose your windowsill carefully if you have forced air heat because registers are usually installed on outside walls beneath windows. If you put that plant where the furnace can blow on it, you may have a serious problem with pollen getting loose in the house. When I do pollen plants in the storage room in my basement, I close the furnace vent to make sure that pollen can't get lifted and moved around.

Bottom line is keep the boy as far from the tent as possible, in as quiet air as possible, and only for just long enough to grab some flowers. Don't let flowers actually start dropping pollen, just use tweezers to grab them just before they open if possible, or immediately after they open if not. If you watch them carefully, you will see that the flowers swell and the seams between the petals of the calyx become more visible just before they open up.

Pretty sure I was trying to talk him outta switching from one method to another….and just focusing on perfecting one style. IMO all the experimenting folks do comes at the detriment of their flowers…..some of the time at least. To each their own of course, but sometimes you have to take a step back and refocus on what the goal of your garden is. Are you trying to grow/smoke awesome weed, or are you just trying to try every product and every grow style there is? If the goal is awesome weed, it’s better to pick one style and perfect it. IMO

You are 100% correct... That is also around the same time I switched my setup and have stuck with it pretty good trying perfect BUT I do run 2 different setups with good results still undecided what my end game with be it leaning toward coco just for the fact of being able to know what's in the pot....

Are you trying to grow/smoke awesome weed, or are you just trying to try every product and every grow style there is? If the goal is awesome weed, it’s better to pick one style and perfect it. IMO

speakin strictly for meself...aka the laziest, simplest grower on site :rolleyes2:...my one & only objective since the very beginning has simply been to keep myself in weed, so i don't hafta pay for the sillee shit, no more, no less :shrug: jus sayin & carry on plz....:headbang: ppp

Thanks for the rep @Lil Dab, much appreciated. And happy pressing and dabbing in 2023!
Welcome I will be doing something like that in the future and that quote made the spread sheet :toke: You say happy pressing huh?:eyebrows: this sweet bourbon kush is some of the strongest tasting rosin I've had strong lemon pine smell:pass:
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back