Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank you are discounting the basic biology of the plant any C3 plant needs a night time. It evolved that way over eons.

My personal experience proves that not to be the case. Lights didn’t go off for five years….grew lotsa dank, dank weed the entire time. Not one nighttime.

Life!

20230108_202324.jpg

My personal experience proves that not to be the case. Lights didn’t go off for five years….grew lotsa dank, dank weed the entire time. Not one nighttime.
Completely agree. I’ve grown 24/0 for many years, and changed light schedules on occasion. Zero difference regarding health/quality/yield.
Drastic changes in light schedule can change/impact growth, increase leafiness ( sort of a re-veg), so that indicates a plant is aware of light whether “day neutral” or not . Had to change back and forth 12/12 to 24/0 many times .

that looks pretty sweet, are we talking about thousands of dollars for a piece of equipment like that, or can they be purchased for mid hundreds
I made it, I showed you the pic just to show you a different design. As I recall, @Lil Dab's DIY press is a similar layout.

I didn't keep careful track of the cost, but the frame was some steel scrap I had around. The jack might have been about $50CDN on Amazon, the aluminum plates ~$25 at a local fabrication shop, the heaters ~$40, and the heater controller maybe ~$50. I'm pretty sure that my total cost was less than $200. If you have access to a welder, putting one of these together is not a huge project. A drill press is helpful, but you could do without one. Contrary to marketing, you do not need two heater controllers, one controlling both plates works just fine. I use the same controller for the press, my decarb/infusion oven, and my seedling germination pad. Not at the same time of course, it disconnects easily from each.

If you are interested in building a press, @Mañ'O'Green, @Lil Dab or I can help out.

Completely agree. I’ve grown 24/0 for many years, and changed light schedules on occasion. Zero difference regarding health/quality/yield.
Drastic changes in light schedule can change/impact growth, increase leafiness ( sort of a re-veg), so that indicates a plant is aware of light whether “day neutral” or not . Had to change back and forth 12/12 to 24/0 many times .
The only real differences I’ve seen recently is when I’ve changed lights. The difference in intensity and spectrum has my grow looking totally different. Big fat frosty flowers, much less stalk growth…..short, compact, tidy plants. Flowers like sticky little hand grenades.

that looks pretty sweet, are we talking about thousands of dollars for a piece of equipment like that, or can they be purchased for mid hundreds
I made it, I showed you the pic just to show you a different design. As I recall, @Lil Dab's DIY press is a similar layout.

I didn't keep careful track of the cost, but the frame was some steel scrap I had around. The jack might have been about $50CDN on Amazon, the aluminum plates ~$25 at a local fabrication shop, the heaters ~$40, and the heater controller maybe ~$50. I'm pretty sure that my total cost was less than $200. If you have access to a welder, putting one of these together is not a huge project. A drill press is helpful, but you could do without one. Contrary to marketing, you do not need two heater controllers, one controlling both plates works just fine. I use the same controller for the press, my decarb/infusion oven, and my seedling germination pad. Not at the same time of course, it disconnects easily from each.

If you are interested in building a press, @Mañ'O'Green, @Lil Dab or I can help out.
@ScottC :yeahthat: Yup mine can be built for < 500$ if you have some scrap materials and can weld other wise you might just be better off buys a complete unit for 500-1k depending how many bells and whistles you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back