Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We put maybe 6 strawberry plants started from seed on 1 side of a 4x4 bed 3 years ago. They pretty much took up the whole bed last year. But they're basically bird food at this point since the birds will get them before they're ripe. Tried bird netting the 1st year and a bird got stick it in, so now we're pretty much just growing them for the birds :shrug:
I made a frame out of 2"x2" and stapled chicken wire around the frame to protect my strawberrys, then when winter comes along I fill the frame/box with a few bales of hay to protect the plants from freezing so bad.

We put maybe 6 strawberry plants started from seed on 1 side of a 4x4 bed 3 years ago. They pretty much took up the whole bed last year. But they're basically bird food at this point since the birds will get them before they're ripe. Tried bird netting the 1st year and a bird got stick it in, so now we're pretty much just growing them for the birds :shrug:

Paint some rocks to look like strawberries and put them out there before the real ones are ripe. The birds will peck at them and get frustrated and then leave them alone.

I also put up bird streamers, and I move a fake owl around my property. I've thought about making a motor for the owl, to make it jerk around occasionally. The biggest issue I have is with starlings, and generally if I shoot one or two with my pellet gun and leave them laying there, the rest will stay away.

I also put up bird streamers, and I move a fake owl around my property. I've thought about making a motor for the owl, to make it jerk around occasionally. The biggest issue I have is with starlings, and generally if I shoot one or two with my pellet gun and leave them laying there, the rest will stay away.
Dude...you got a fake owl?....and it's not a hood ornamrnt?

:baked:
Screenshot_20230306-202215~2.png

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back