Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
surprised mind reading GIF

Just planted 24 cells of strawberries in coco. I guess I assumed the berries would be bigger, and then I realized I was a moron. You can't just pick up one seed. My plan is to grow them in metal gutters, on the side of my porch. So I went through 100 seeds and ordered another 100, but I got the white pineberry variety instead. So I'm gonna do one 8' gutter in red and the other in white berries.

I also got a ton of stuff done this afternoon after work. I cut all the dead canes out of my blackberries and then trimmed the live canes way way back. They've gotten out of hand, and I want less big berries not more small ones. And topped my peach tree, so I can actually reach the peaches when they are ripe. and I cut some lengths of metal fencing to play around with how I want to make my garden trellis.

Just planted 24 cells of strawberries in coco. I guess I assumed the berries would be bigger, and then I realized I was a moron. You can't just pick up one seed. My plan is to grow them in metal gutters, on the side of my porch. So I went through 100 seeds and ordered another 100, but I got the white pineberry variety instead. So I'm gonna do one 8' gutter in red and the other in white berries.
Bare root are so much easier to deal with. Also very real chance you're not going to get berries your first summer, just a heads up. They're perennials and typically spread by runners, not seed.

Bare root are so much easier to deal with. Also very real chance you're not going to get berries your first summer, just a heads up. They're perennials and typically spread by runners, not seed.

Yeah, the great thing about the gutters is, I can unclip them and take them in the garage in the winter time, to keep them (mostly) above freezing. My HVAC and water heater are out there, I've never seen it drop below 25.

Yeah, the great thing about the gutters is, I can unclip them and take them in the garage in the winter time, to keep them (mostly) above freezing. My HVAC and water heater are out there, I've never seen it drop below 25.
I planted ours two years ago bare root, they've spread a ton and stay fairly green over the winter here. We didn't get many the first summer but we got pounds every week last year lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back