Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I do is wrong. I just don't want to exist anymore. I feel like a waste of resources and space and time.

Aw girl...it was never going to be easy when everyone in the house is on short meds....:bighug:....Breathe.....:pass:

Everything I do is wrong.

i don't think that about u.....................well, except for the blue cabinetz mebbe :rolleyes2:.....but otherwize, nah, i don't think that about ya at all :pighug: ppp

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Monday live stoners.

The Marmalade is delicious but needs more fruit. I used the little bit that was left over and not canned on my toast this morning but Ms. MOG got to it before me, so there was not much left :rofl:. I am going to make a batch with the blood oranges from our tree and will double the fruit.

View attachment 1571225

Taco meat scramble.

Thanks for all the rep everyone :bighug:.

@Need4Weed The AFN family is here for you. :toke:

I don't just want to go to sea I want to be under it!
View attachment 1571233
And I want to be in the boat above you with a fishing pole and a six pack.

@Olderfart I use the mats. It's basically a tight knit felt pad. I top water by hand but I recently moved to using a garden sprayer. It takes a few minutes longer but it oxygenated the water as it sprayed and the water had time to soak in. I feel the mats work well at distributing water and slowing the soak down and keeping any moss/algea growth at bay. They do become a bit hydrophobic so a slow supply is best otherwise the water will wash over the edge. I bought them at the grow shop and it was crazy expensive. I had to buy a pack but only need 2 or 3. I also bought the 8x8 square because I was running a rockwool cube. Great piece of equipment. I typically run 5 gal rainscience bags but If I automated my water, that would be the way I would go. One of the finicky things is getting the water to all of the drain holes evenly. A bit of a balancing act. That's my experience at least.
Getting the water to all holes evenly is why I want to slow the exit from the tray down enough to force the water to soak through all holes at the same time. The holes look a bit large to accomplish that unless there is something like the mat beneath and in contact with the holes to slow down the percolation.

I made a similar tray thingie for my solos, and put a piece of cotton material beneath the holes, and that worked perfectly, but the holes on the floraflex trays are a lot bigger. I will do some experimenting, but if the proper pads are hydrophobic, I think I will try a couple layers of cotton combined with quick delivery of a full charge of nutes. :pighug:

Everyone is just hanging out waiting for things to pop!
IMG_20230306_164217.jpg

So u need to use half tincture and half oil and u cannot forget the lecithin! That is extremely important! If not it def separates!
In my limited experience, sometimes they separate anyway. Best try the recipe before using the real tincture/infused oil, and the test batch needs to have exactly the same amount of oil and lecithin that the infused gummies will.

I have yet to produce gummies with the texture I want and with no separation, but I am getting closer. Normal gummy recipes do not include oil, so adding it will bugger almost any recipe unless lecithin is added, and even then the ratio of lecithin and oil to other ingredient as well potentially as the exact mixing sequence and conditions are important if not critical.

Bottom line, test batch first, IMO. :pighug:

I did some defoliation on the current grow yesterday. I saved all the trimmed fans that I removed. I seem to remember some posts about using the trimmed fans for making a tea/compost.

What is the skinny on this?
to the outdoor compost pile or the indoor worms is what I do. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back