Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm like 99% sure its made from ground up wood pallets.
1678037468798.gif

1678037512253.gif

It's all because of technology. I guess I've embraced tech, when useful, ever since I bought my first Texas Instruments calculator, I think 7th grade. A simple 4 function calculator, but it was top tech!
The calculator made me think about Naval Nuclear Power School and their aversion to calculators. Ya have to remember the times, I guess. It was the 70s. By that time, top calculators were quite good, but still quite complicated to enter an equation. No calculators were allowed. I understand the reasoning why and I KNOW who made that rule. It was Uncle Hymie!:funny::funny:
Admiral Hyman G. Rickover was a brilliant, but EXTREMELY eccentric.......heavy on the extremely! I have to admit, his eccentrics were based in very sound logic.
We had to show all our math processes. This not only showed you understood the mathematics involved, you also understood the concept of whatever process you were calculating. If you were having problems, it was easier for the instructor to pinpoint the area where you're having the problem......math or the concept.
My high school study habits were extremely poor. I didn't have to study for their college prep course. High School curriculum was BORING and just too easy. High School girls weren't boring and were easy.:eyebrows::rofl:
I got a VERY rude awakening at that school! It's intense AF! Two years of college crammed into 6 months! Usually a minimum of 4hrs of homework nightly and 15-20 on the weekend. My GPA sucked donkey balls the first month. I was mad AF! I had never had that low of a grade!:rofl::rofl:
It was humbling, but gave me some insight. If it's worth having, it worth working for.

And now we're to the point of this post, finally!:rofl::rofl:

I told my friends to stop bitching about them fuel injecting the Mustang GT. I told them it's gonna get interesting! That was a LONG time ago! It took me a while to get where I could play with my electronic controlled toys. I like challenges. I taught myself how to tune. 2003 was the first year software was released a regular consumer, someone other than a shop owner. I did go to a day long dyno tuning session by the creator/owner of SCT, Chris Johnson. He let me watch him tuning the cars. I sat in the back seat and looked over his shoulder with him in the passenger seat with his laptop and a guy doing the dyno run. He helped to bring all the concepts together.
I street tuned my car by taking datalogs on a set stretch of road for constancy. Yeah, dumb and dangerous, but couldn't get just plain dyno time. I data logged every run down the track. I set quite a few class records with that car, one still stands.......never will be broken. IF anyone still has a bone stock engine in that car, they're not gonna beat on it........................unless it was me.:rofl:
I had a lot of people to ask me to tune their car...........a LOT. Chris Johnson had given me a SCT sponsorship for a spot on my doors.........big ass spot. When I talked to him about getting a commercial license, he came out and gave me one.....a permanent one. I get free updates. He said he KNEW that I had sold people on getting Racer and Commercial packages. I asked how he knew it was me that did that. He chuckled and said people would say "I saw this old guy, with a goatee sticking out from his helmet, break off a crazy run with a fairly stock car. He had your logo on his doors and I got your card from his windshield wipers. :rofl: I got quite a few shop owners to buy packages.

THE REAL POINT OF THIS POST:shrug::shrug::rofl::rofl::woohoo:
That's one crazy run for a truck. I see that run and bunch of questions go thru my mind of the tuning involved. That's a stock computer in there. It makes me want to be back 'In the game' again. I'd like to just tune, but not just stock or mildly modded vehicles. That's boring.
I know it's not gonna happen, sure is fun dreaming. The one dream, that is viable, I'd like to do is my Coyote engine and auto swap into my 03 Mach1 and bring it back to the street. I got disinterested after missing SEVERAL good deals and one ass trying to pull a switch, he was lucky I was LIT.
Poor thing is sitting on jackstands in the shop.:shrug::shrug:

EDIT...........Pretty funny thing about the guy that tuned that truck.
I guy came in with a Shelby with a pullied up blower and simple fuel system upgrade. The guy wasn't happy with the tune. I put it on the dyno and I can't get a 1/4 way thru before I have to pull out. The data log was scary AF! I knew the tuner's Dad from racing and the business and since he worked for his Dad, so I called.:biggrin: I joked around with him, but told him his boy's tune was doody.
Because I called his Dad directly, he refused to fix it. I offered to help him remote tune on my dyno. Nope! I ended up building a tune from scratch. Fought it for a bit. The guy told me it had fresh plugs and gave me the receipt. Yup and the correct range. That tune was so bad, he nipped several plugs and never really got on it. So I had to pull all the plugs and scope the engine. Yeah, there were sparkles on top of some of the pistons, but no scoring on the sides and nothing to say I need to pressure check.
What a beast!!!! I liked the DOHC 5.4...as long as the revs are kept in proper prospective. It was the longest rod in any modern engine. Flat fat torque means it's not easy to drive on the street. Drag radials are a must.

Anyone know of a 2014 F150 or Mustang GT totaled in the ass and under 50K miles..................HOLLAR!

This was another chapter in "Wild Bill's Canna inspired Tales"
Stay tuned for more installments.........when the weed or whim hits.........sometimes it's weed/whim and the other times it's a whim/weed. ........now it can be whim only, but seldom occurs......without weed?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha:............BUT..............it can't be weed alone......whim is always there......lurking!......... If it was weed alone..........you'd sit there for 30min trying to read one post.

:bighug::pass::cheers::smokeout::headbang::headbang:

Harvest Day at the Bramble Fort Guerilla Grow.
All the girls have been stripped of their leaves ready for the chop.
This from last Autumn/Fall.
:bighug:RT! ...good to hear from you mate, some of us were having dark thoughts about your fate... I'm just glad you're OK, and apparently well stocked for a spell now! :d5:

How about this instead......
we get stoned and we say we ain't doin no stinking yard work....
One person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
They won't make him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
They may think they're both freakin fruit loops and they won't make either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, they may think it's an
Organization!

And can you imagine fifty people a day? I said FIFTY people a day??? Well they may think it's a Movement, and that's what its the Im getting stoned and I AINT doin no stinkin yard work restaurant anti-massacre movement

It's all because of technology. I guess I've embraced tech, when useful, ever since I bought my first Texas Instruments calculator, I think 7th grade. A simple 4 function calculator, but it was top tech!
The calculator made me think about Naval Nuclear Power School and their aversion to calculators. Ya have to remember the times, I guess. It was the 70s. By that time, top calculators were quite good, but still quite complicated to enter an equation. No calculators were allowed. I understand the reasoning why and I KNOW who made that rule. It was Uncle Hymie!:funny::funny:
Admiral Hyman G. Rickover was a brilliant, but EXTREMELY eccentric.......heavy on the extremely! I have to admit, his eccentrics were based in very sound logic.
We had to show all our math processes. This not only showed you understood the mathematics involved, you also understood the concept of whatever process you were calculating. If you were having problems, it was easier for the instructor to pinpoint the area where you're having the problem......math or the concept.
My high school study habits were extremely poor. I didn't have to study for their college prep course. High School curriculum was BORING and just too easy. High School girls weren't boring and were easy.:eyebrows::rofl:
I got a VERY rude awakening at that school! It's intense AF! Two years of college crammed into 6 months! Usually a minimum of 4hrs of homework nightly and 15-20 on the weekend. My GPA sucked donkey balls the first month. I was mad AF! I had never had that low of a grade!:rofl::rofl:
It was humbling, but gave me some insight. If it's worth having, it worth working for.

And now we're to the point of this post, finally!:rofl::rofl:

I told my friends to stop bitching about them fuel injecting the Mustang GT. I told them it's gonna get interesting! That was a LONG time ago! It took me a while to get where I could play with my electronic controlled toys. I like challenges. I taught myself how to tune. 2003 was the first year software was released a regular consumer, someone other than a shop owner. I did go to a day long dyno tuning session by the creator/owner of SCT, Chris Johnson. He let me watch him tuning the cars. I sat in the back seat and looked over his shoulder with him in the passenger seat with his laptop and a guy doing the dyno run. He helped to bring all the concepts together.
I street tuned my car by taking datalogs on a set stretch of road for constancy. Yeah, dumb and dangerous, but couldn't get just plain dyno time. I data logged every run down the track. I set quite a few class records with that car, one still stands.......never will be broken. IF anyone still has a bone stock engine in that car, they're not gonna beat on it........................unless it was me.:rofl:
I had a lot of people to ask me to tune their car...........a LOT. Chris Johnson had given me a SCT sponsorship for a spot on my doors.........big ass spot. When I talked to him about getting a commercial license, he came out and gave me one.....a permanent one. I get free updates. He said he KNEW that I had sold people on getting Racer and Commercial packages. I asked how he knew it was me that did that. He chuckled and said people would say "I saw this old guy, with a goatee sticking out from his helmet, break off a crazy run with a fairly stock car. He had your logo on his doors and I got your card from his windshield wipers. :rofl: I got quite a few shop owners to buy packages.

THE REAL POINT OF THIS POST:shrug::shrug::rofl::rofl::woohoo:
That's one crazy run for a truck. I see that run and bunch of questions go thru my mind of the tuning involved. That's a stock computer in there. It makes me want to be back 'In the game' again. I'd like to just tune, but not just stock or mildly modded vehicles. That's boring.
I know it's not gonna happen, sure is fun dreaming. The one dream, that is viable, I'd like to do is my Coyote engine and auto swap into my 03 Mach1 and bring it back to the street. I got disinterested after missing SEVERAL good deals and one ass trying to pull a switch, he was lucky I was LIT.
Poor thing is sitting on jackstands in the shop.:shrug::shrug:

EDIT...........Pretty funny thing about the guy that tuned that truck.
I guy came in with a Shelby with a pullied up blower and simple fuel system upgrade. The guy wasn't happy with the tune. I put it on the dyno and I can't get a 1/4 way thru before I have to pull out. The data log was scary AF! I knew the tuner's Dad from racing and the business and since he worked for his Dad, so I called.:biggrin: I joked around with him, but told him his boy's tune was doody.
Because I called his Dad directly, he refused to fix it. I offered to help him remote tune on my dyno. Nope! I ended up building a tune from scratch. Fought it for a bit. The guy told me it had fresh plugs and gave me the receipt. Yup and the correct range. That tune was so bad, he nipped several plugs and never really got on it. So I had to pull all the plugs and scope the engine. Yeah, there were sparkles on top of some of the pistons, but no scoring on the sides and nothing to say I need to pressure check.
What a beast!!!! I liked the DOHC 5.4...as long as the revs are kept in proper prospective. It was the longest rod in any modern engine. Flat fat torque means it's not easy to drive on the street. Drag radials are a must.

Anyone know of a 2014 F150 or Mustang GT totaled in the ass and under 50K miles..................HOLLAR!

This was another chapter in "Wild Bill's Canna inspired Tales"
Stay tuned for more installments.........when the weed or whim hits.........sometimes it's weed/whim and the other times it's a whim/weed. ........now it can be whim only, but seldom occurs......without weed?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha:............BUT..............it can't be weed alone......whim is always there......lurking!......... If it was weed alone..........you'd sit there for 30min trying to read one post.

:bighug::pass::cheers::smokeout::headbang::headbang:
Bill must be in a good mood today :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back