Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does someone get to this point? I just can't fathom it.
I can't imagine what went thru the children's mind.

It's so damn sad.

I deal with a lot of extremely abusive parents while mentoring refugee families. In the twisted thinking of the abusers, they always think they're doing the right thing. It often escalates from verbal and emotional abuse to physical, to death threats, and occasionally to homicide. We've had some notable cases around here. A habitually abusive dad beat his 9-year-old son with a baseball bat until he broke every bone in his body. In jail for murder, he's still claiming it was the kid's fault because he didn't do his homework (the kid's teacher says he was always on-point with his work). In another family-abuse homicide the dad is still saying that it was his wife's fault he killed her and cut her head off (she had asked for a divorce because of his abuse).

In the case you mentioned, the mom might have thought she was protecting her kids from the government. Abusers think they own their victims, and faced with forced separation they often think "If I can't have you, nobody will."

This book has a lot of case histories of family abuse homicides: "No Visible Bruises," by Rachel Louise Snyder. It happens every day.

Went to Rural king to get the batteries I needed today, and stopped at an Italian place for lunch. Everyone has left overs for dinner! Thats kind of became a weekend thing for us to go out for lunch and then save half of our meals for dinner. Ever since my wife had stomach stapling surgery, we both eat pretty small portions. And the kids are just big enough now to order adult meals but rarely finish them.

So I've got half a hoagie and a bunch of saratoga chips sitting in my fridge calling my name.
After what they charge to eat out these days, making two meals out of one is the only thing that makes sense anyhoo...

Is the big update over? Waiting for confirmation til I post weekly updates… don’t wanna cause problems…

No not from my understanding and updates can be done just be prepared there is a possibility of losing them after the update.. BUT Willie doesn’t think that will happen:thumbsup::woohoo:

I went through this a year or so ago. After much troubleshooting, plus a visit by the local tech, it was determined that the control board was shot. Maytag, bless their evil hearts, do not make them any more, so for the lack of a $150 part, a >$2000 washer went to the dump. :mad:
:yoinks: I hope that’s not the case but it is a fear especially the way it acted last night definite a possibility that is the problem.. I have not looked into finding one yet this is a whirlpool duet about 5 yrs old at most I’d hate to have to scrap it :nono::goodluck:

Is the big update over? Waiting for confirmation til I post weekly updates… don’t wanna cause problems…

I've had No update today........and the Techies are missing from the staff room.....so I'd take a guess that means they are Working on it.......... :pass:

:yoinks: I hope that’s not the case but it is a fear especially the way it acted last night definite a possibility that is the problem.. I have not looked into finding one yet this is a whirlpool duet about 5 yrs old at most I’d hate to have to scrap it :nono::goodluck:
you should be good if it is only five years old. Mine was over twice that. If it is the board, and you can get one, you might consider getting an extra. These things seem to be a regular failure, but critical and not easily duplicated from scratch or repaired. Mine failed twice, once under warrantee (there was a class action suit over it), and once later when replacement was no longer possible. Had I bought an extra, I might have got another ten years out of the washer, it was a nice machine. Good luck with it. :pighug:

you should be good if it is only five years old. Mine was over twice that. If it is the board, and you can get one, you might consider getting an extra. These things seem to be a regular failure, but critical and not easily duplicated from scratch or repaired. Mine failed twice, once under warrantee (there was a class action suit over it), and once later when replacement was no longer possible. Had I bought an extra, I might have got another ten years out of the washer, it was a nice machine. Good luck with it. :pighug:

I hope so looking into one now there little more pricey 200$+/- so i hope its the pump but we shall see Thanks OF :goodluck::d5::pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back