Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was guessing the heat was to help them dissolve better didn't think about it killing stuff though I don't heat the bits and never had to use dunks

Like warm water would be ok, but I wouldn't go over 100* or risk killing the bacteria. So like, tap warm I guess?

I just use the mosquito bits that are already in little pieces. I pour it in a gallon jug, maybe 2 tablespoons, add water and let it sit over night, then add all my nutes and stuff, PH it and water with it. I don't care about some of the corn cob bits getting into the soil.

LOL. Whys that though? I'm genuinely curious, is there something wrong with cal-mag?
Think it's kind of the most over used, over pushed ingredient that could be handled by use of a cheaper alternative.
edit: still got my first and only bottle somewhere on a shelf where MoG told me to put it.

Think it's kind of the most over used, over pushed ingredient that could be handled by use of a cheaper alternative.

Fair. I just buy it by the gallon, its like $30 for a gallon of bloom city calmag that will last me more than a year. I add a few ml to each watering, and then I use 10ml to a quart when I do foliar sprays every few days.

LOL. Whys that though? I'm genuinely curious, is there something wrong with cal-mag?

Nothing wrong just it is the most over used nutrient there is from my understanding... most all calmags have N and too much for that fact with ends up causing issues.. Then most new growers including myslef with feed calmag by it self which is unbalanced throwing the pot out of whack just lake this run you just looked at.. i was feeding calmag and that was causing the magnesium lockout and other things

Nothing wrong just it is the most over used nutrient there is from my understanding... most all calmags have N and too much for that fact with ends up causing issues.. Then most new growers including myslef with feed calmag by it self which is unbalanced throwing the pot out of whack just lake this run you just looked at.. i was feeding calmag and that was causing the magnesium lockout and other things

Interesting, ok, because I read multiple places you basically couldn't overuse cal-mag.

I'll cut back on it was my plants get older, then. I generally only lightly fertilize until about 5-6 weeks, and then I start hitting them hard, and I'll stop the cal-mag then.

My 5 week old plants get half strength fox farms grow big. But as soon as I see some flowers, I'll start amping up the nutrients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back