Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently ran into a blog that dealt with the CBN issue. The woman there said that, if she was making sleep meds, she decarbed for 4 times what the same bud and temperature would need for THC. I tried it the last time round when I made my current batch of MCT tincture. It seems to have worked well.

I use a decarb/infusion device that I made. An Inkbird PID controls the temp. It is a repurposed large stainless steel pressure cooker. No smell, large capacity, and I can program the inkbird for any temperature I want to use for decarb or infusion. Capacity is huge, but I don't tend to use it. When I decarb, I do the rosin, not the bud, and the rosin is in silicone loaf or muffin pans for the process. The thing can also be used as a still, to, for totally hypothetical example, produce 95% ETOH from hand sanitizer. But that would be illegal. :pighug:
Trying to not buy another gadget, while working the hubby for a press. We get 95percent here and very cheap .

That's what I'm thinking, and if I didn't live so close to an elementary school I wouldn't be so concerned about it but I don't want to be that neighbor stinking up the place when School is in session. It would be nice to save $ on lights, dehumidifier, and ac for a few months in the summer when the kids aren't there though.
If I was within whatever the minimum distance is to a school. I'd be absolutely 100% positive certain I complied with any and all laws. Shit goes crazy around here if you don't and things go wrong.
Ive got a friend I grew up with who is now a who defense attorney. I remember her telling me with her clients for any kinda drug related charge the prosecuting attorney's first thing is they look at is that distance if they can.

Beyond that if your outside that distance but still close I'd still do like your doing and be super careful.

That’s is very similar to my method. Freezing, reheating and the sunflower lecithin makes a huge difference. Time to get busy.
The multiple decarbs has me thinking. Since I'm reworking my dry ice material, I do multiple infusings with the same oil. Wouldn't the cannabinoids oxidize some with each infusion?
What kind of taste does the sunflower lecithin add and how do you measure it, based on what?

The multiple decarbs has me thinking. Since I'm reworking my dry ice material, I do multiple infusings with the same oil. Wouldn't the cannabinoids oxidize some with each infusion?
What kind of taste does the sunflower lecithin add and how do you measure it, based on what?
Once the infusion takes place, it’s extremely hard to get much decarb done. It’s the reason why you decarb separately.

Trying to not buy another gadget, while working the hubby for a press. We get 95percent here and very cheap .
Yeah, I envy the Everclear availability you have down there. Not available here.

Actually, I am not sure how much more ETOH extraction is in my future. I may just freeze the junk wait for a cold snap to shake kief from it. Either that or just forget it, I have more high quality stuff than I can use.

I did a long soak of some pucks after last grow, and the stuff I was left with was not inspirational. Black tarry gunk that divided into two materials, one damn near solid, more or less like black rosin, and the other surrounding stuff liquid, also black. Evil looking stuff. No matter what I did to that stuff, it would separate back into the tow bits, one of rosin-ish viscosity, the other liquid. Even with heat and stirring, the stuff would separate. Both fractions solidify in the freezer, and that is where they still are. I haven't sampled.

This time around, I am, so far, just leaving the heavily encrusted sugar leaves in place. If it is loaded with trichs, it stays and gets pressed. Ditto with larf. Consequently, not a lot of stuff left for fiddling with. So far so good, but there are a couple monsters that need to be processed this round before the jury is in. That big WDA is going to produce a lot of low grade stuff that will need a decision...

Happy decision making @BCBudlady.

miniature dinasaurs. Not all of them went extinct. :biggrin:
Fuggin' Rooster thought he was a Tyrannosaurus Rex! Fugger was pretty damn big. Like my Uncle's old rooster when I was a kid, he only liked me. :rofl: He'd chase my boy, but wouldn't peck or flog him. He seemed to just plain like chasing him!:biggrin::rofl: My boy would hollar at him and laugh his ass off as the rooster chased his ass. FUNNY AF!

Years ago my neighbors, downstairs and one door over, blew up their apartment making BHO. Luckily they werent home and no one was hurt, it mostly just blew out their back door. But my roommates and I were pretty freaked out when the apartment shook while we were doing dabs
No real shocker you take really flammable solvents and evaporate them off (probably above their BP) with heat and a combustion source in an enclosed area....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back