Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been mixing my extract with coconut oil adding sunflower lecithin and decarbing 80 min at 240f, freeze overnight and 60 min at 240f. Sometimes I freeze again and do 3rd decarb. Learned the method from bad kitty smiles years ago on grass city.
Hahaha she's got some good stuff. I used to use her recipe for decarbing also and I learned that from the high times article where they compared like 5 different methods of decarbing and extracting with some cool.lab results!

Once the infusion takes place, it’s extremely hard to get much decarb done. It’s the reason why you decarb separately.
Another issue I have run into is that when I tried to extend the decarb after infusion, the MCT oil went rancid due to the heat and exposure to oxygen. It was so foul tasting that I binned it. Even with a decarb session ~4x what I normally use for THC, decarbed rosin is still excellent.

IMO, if you are starting with rosin, the best process is press, decarb, and then infuse. If you are looking for CBN to help with sleep, a long decarb seems to help. I have not tried a long decarb with unpressed weed, but it should work as well, but will develop more of the toasty taste mentioned by @Mañ'O'Green in a related post earlier. In my limited experience decarbing rosin results in a more pleasant flavour than decarbing the same flower. :pighug:

Fuggin' Rooster thought he was a Tyrannosaurus Rex! Fugger was pretty damn big. Like my Uncle's old rooster when I was a kid, he only liked me. :rofl: He'd chase my boy, but wouldn't peck or flog him. He seemed to just plain like chasing him!:biggrin::rofl: My boy would hollar at him and laugh his ass off as the rooster chased his ass. FUNNY AF!
I'd like to see that. You must have had a damn fine laugh. :biggrin:

Yeah, I envy the Everclear availability you have down there. Not available here.

Actually, I am not sure how much more ETOH extraction is in my future. I may just freeze the junk wait for a cold snap to shake kief from it. Either that or just forget it, I have more high quality stuff than I can use.

I did a long soak of some pucks after last grow, and the stuff I was left with was not inspirational. Black tarry gunk that divided into two materials, one damn near solid, more or less like black rosin, and the other surrounding stuff liquid, also black. Evil looking stuff. No matter what I did to that stuff, it would separate back into the tow bits, one of rosin-ish viscosity, the other liquid. Even with heat and stirring, the stuff would separate. Both fractions solidify in the freezer, and that is where they still are. I haven't sampled.

This time around, I am, so far, just leaving the heavily encrusted sugar leaves in place. If it is loaded with trichs, it stays and gets pressed. Ditto with larf. Consequently, not a lot of stuff left for fiddling with. So far so good, but there are a couple monsters that need to be processed this round before the jury is in. That big WDA is going to produce a lot of low grade stuff that will need a decision...

Happy decision making @BCBudlady.
Why low grade? Not stacking well?

Why low grade? Not stacking well?
Oh, stacking is not the issue, the issue is with a plant that huge, there is going to be small stuff and trim. No way around it. She is heading into monster territory. She has pretty much taken over ~1/4 of my 4x4.
I’m going to decarb my extract by itself this batch and then mix. :thumbsup:
As one @420Forever might say, DOOOO EEEET! :biggrin:

Fuggin' Rooster thought he was a Tyrannosaurus Rex! Fugger was pretty damn big. Like my Uncle's old rooster when I was a kid, he only liked me. :rofl: He'd chase my boy, but wouldn't peck or flog him. He seemed to just plain like chasing him!:biggrin::rofl: My boy would hollar at him and laugh his ass off as the rooster chased his ass. FUNNY AF!
Ever see a goose go after people. Those little bastards think they are meaner than a junk yard dog.
Hahaha

I just paid over $8 for Eggland's extra large 18 count!:grrr1:
1673145585271.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back