Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ya and after all that..

I'd do just like @Frank the Dank said. Blowing air across it with a fan will do a good job of evaporating it's nice and slow.

I only posted the other stuff cause I see people bring up rotovaps thought maybe they'd be curious how they work.

Distillation works great for making whiskey and rum at home with simple stuff. Ya want vodka or gin your gonna need a more efficient still head lol. Easy to make also outta say 2 inch copper tube.

Lol

I think I'm gonna go ahead and break down and buy a Buchner Funnel Filtering set up just to make filtering that much easier and a better filtered product.
I'm still not gonna hook up my automotive vac pump. Just too hard on it with the alcohol vapor and this ain't a cheap-ass Harbor Freight pump.
Since it's gonna be for filtering and not evaporation, I'll just get a cheap small vac pump.

Here's what I think I'll get.for the Buchner
Amazon product

Anyone know what micron filters I should get? 47mm is the size on this set up. If I'm gonna filter something, it should be done right and not half-assed

@WildBill and @JP1 , thanks for the licorice hookup! That stuff is bombn'!
The one I posted is good, but the stuff they got in a few days ago is soooooo much better, I have to hold myself back.......and I eat very little sweets.
Darrell Lea is the brand I picked up last. Plant based and no damn corn syrup! The strawberry is off da hook!

Hey see you guys talking about extraction with alcohol, too much fun. I just finished my vacuum still!
Going to load a few jars for qwet tonight. I usually load the jars and put them and the EtoH in the freezer. We have a standalone so I crank it down to -15. Let it sit for 48 hours to get cold. Then it's a 15 minute wash and a 20 minute wash with mild agitation every 5 minutes. So far the extracts have been gorgeous.
5ED960AB-79FF-48FB-BED9-0B014D3FD8F3.jpeg
E0A22FD4-630E-4175-9D0F-EBAD2CA495D3.jpeg
BF84C827-B7FC-478A-8E8B-47C265DE06AC.jpeg

First attempt was with Everclear. I use pure Ethanol now.
CA9A4628-4442-47E0-B807-E3945209F793.jpeg
49C18078-D725-4A93-A5CC-7B1EB5F7AA53.jpeg

Just curious whatt time your liquor stores open? A lot of ours were 6 a.m pre pandemic now most are 7 or 8. And some 5 am bars. I mean unless u got key clubs it's funny now you see people sobering up for 2-3 hours and I think it causes more problems cuz then everyone is pissy they're not gettin more buzzed!
10AM to 9PM for booze

I think I'm gonna go ahead and break down and buy a Buchner Funnel Filtering set up just to make filtering that much easier and a better filtered product.
I'm still not gonna hook up my automotive vac pump. Just too hard on it with the alcohol vapor and this ain't a cheap-ass Harbor Freight pump.
Since it's gonna be for filtering and not evaporation, I'll just get a cheap small vac pump.

Here's what I think I'll get.for the Buchner
Amazon product

Anyone know what micron filters I should get? 47mm is the size on this set up. If I'm gonna filter something, it should be done right and not half-assed

I'm not familiar with that Buchner set up though I've seen and used similar (on smaller scale)
The Buchners I've used are the porcelain ones for larger scale is just like the one he uses right here in the bottom picture. Those take paper filters. Not sure if yours there is a sintered glass filter which should also work perfectly....

By the way it's been my experience with a Buchner if you just leave the vacuum running it will evaporate the solvent off in that flask with just house vacuum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back