Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
U can prob find pics at other seedbanks for what u are wanting! Also i think inhouse has their own website if I remember correctly! ;)

No, no direct sales. Think multiverse just got a restock of inhouse and should be posted very soon. I got a couple slurricane and platinum kush breath strains and crosses. always fiya!

What we use to remove solvents say after an extraction is a rotvap (rotorary evaporator). There's a cold finger on the left filled with dry ice and acetone to catch the unwanted vapors in the big Round Bottom (RB) receiver flask (left). The product (in solvent) is in the RB flask on the right (blue liquid). The system rotates the product flask to help prevent bumping. That's where you hit the BP very violently and all the liquid sort of flys off explosively everywhere .
There's a hot water bath under the product and a vacuum pump attached at the cold finger.
So.
1 we trap and collect the evaporated solvent
2 we control the desired temp of the product in solvent. Firstly b/c it's gonna get real cold as you pull off the solvent. Secondly the warmer the water bath the faster and better we can evaporate off high BP (boiling point) solvents.
3 with a vacuum pump we can control how much vacuum so that we don't bump the solvent (distillers call that puking). You want to gently evaporate using just enough vacuum it you don't want it evaporating like crazy it will bump.

Screenshot_20230203_103224_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Unless your rich or supremely lucky your not gonna have a rotoray evaporator.

On the other hand if you wanted to be careful and your worried about combustible vapors and the flash point of alcohol .
A very very pale blue flame sort of hard to see but fun to watch hahahaha :rofl: .

You could just do a gentle distillation. Here's a simple set up just cold water flowing thru that condensor 5 should knock that ethanol vapor back to a liquid pretty easy.

I've done this with a "water purification system" I built outta a bud keg.
Comes out around 180 proof hahahahaha :crying:

What you guys talk about on the stove top is really just 13, 14 and 15.
Just add 3 (simple distillation column ) and 5 (water jacketed condenser. You'd be there.
Ya don't need the thermometer 4 and the whole recovery flask set up 8, 9, 10. Just a ball jar to catch the ethanol for reuse or to toss.
And ofcourse a way to gently heat the RB flask 15. There's cheap ways to do this.

Screenshot_20230203_102932_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @Mossy! and to you as well! Please send hubby to the market for some jamon iberico, olives, and a nice bottle of red for us! We'll roll one for him when he gets back!

Whatcha rolling for him..........?...................:eyebrows:

IMG_4177.JPG

After talking with Suki the other night, I want to make a tincture. I put all my old bud in one 1lb bag and it's packed, so I have some to play with.

I understand the concept of a quick wash, but don't know the specifics. By the time I finish the squishing, the liquor store will be open to get the EverClear. I assume it's sorta like making RSO.
I'd rather have firsthand info from my AFN friends than some dork on YouTube.
Just curious whatt time your liquor stores open? A lot of ours were 6 a.m pre pandemic now most are 7 or 8. And some 5 am bars. I mean unless u got key clubs it's funny now you see people sobering up for 2-3 hours and I think it causes more problems cuz then everyone is pissy they're not gettin more buzzed!

Hanging with my boy Otis.

DD2B68A4-0C79-4543-89DE-307B93E08F30.jpeg

FC1A4F04-1C8B-4DD3-9878-BF88FB8D0A89.jpeg

Hope you’re all warm as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back