Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your dead right and inflammation is behind a lot of diseases.
Here's a cool link about inflammation and how its linked to COVID though the only reason I'm showing it is cause it talks about how the right profile in some types of cannabis was more effective than others. They were looking at TNF(alpha) which is linked to things like arthritis, rhuematiod arthritis , ulcerative colitus, and Crohn's disease as well as IL-6 which is linked to rheumatoid arthritis as well as juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Which is only to say these are an important links in the pathways to inflammation.
I like to think of a pathway sort of like a row of Domino's. They happen in a like a chain of events all dependant one one another.. take one domino out it stops or at least diminishes the effect.
Or flip 1 domino it starts the path/chain if events.

That's wicked over simplified but it gives you a good rough idea how it works

Any ways my point is cannabis can be hugely beneficial in diminishing inflammation. Some strain profiles can be better than others .
Here's an image where strains 4, 6, 8 and 14 got good results while others didn't.
The Forbes article also includes the actual profiles (but not the actual strains), the actual study in AGING goes into way more detail.
Note this research was done at universities I don't see any links to say Pfizer, GSK, Novartis, Merck, Abbot, Takeda etc . Which means you don't need let this get you concerned they're coming after your cannabis.

Forbes cannabis

AGING article 2021

View attachment 1561324
I didn’t realize how much of an effect cannabis has on inflammation until I stopped using it, when I moved from Maine to where I’m at now. I didn’t use from July to October that year….and just a few days after stopping I started noticing increasing inflammation….first just in the morning and at night, then it increased to all the time. Once I went back on the weed, it started decreasing….took a couple months to get back to normal levels of cannabinoids and inflammation. Now I can feel the inflammation, but it’s not enough to notice by sight. Back then joints were red and swollen.

Weed really has saved me, to be honest. I’m off 14 of 15 pills the va had me on….and the last one is just a heartburn pill since all the other pills fucked up my stomach. Its taken 12 years to get to this point, but here I am….stoned and happy:baked::cools::digit::pass:

One of my girls in my next grow will be Dutch Passion Auto CBG Force.
Have any here grown a CBG girl?
How did you use it?
How were the effects?
I think it could help me with part of my depression. Anxiety is a part of it or a contributing factor......like today.

I think the best thing to do with what she produces, is dry ice hash and squish her.
It will give me a product that I can get consistent results in mixing with other rosin and adjust from there.
It still needs to be decarbed, correct?
That CBG is some pretty cool stuff I really never heard of it b4.
Then what is really cool is just how much stuff comes from CBGA it's like the precursor to everything that's so cool!!!

So the question I would have is when they say it's gonna be 15% CBG in the dried leaf.
Do they really mean it's gonna be 15% CBGA . (Just like when they give a % THC but really mean THCA)
Cause the A means acid (carboxylic acid) which we want gone. That why we call it Decarboxylating or decarb for short. Your clipping off the carboxylic acid.

So if it's CBGA then ya you'd need to decarb to get to CBG. And then there might be other stuff in there as well you wanna decarb like maybe CBDA (???).

But if it's truly just CBG then there's no need to decarb CBG cause there's no carboxyl group (acid).
See the COOH in CBGA but no COOH in the CBG?

And then if do need to decarb at what temp? Notice on your ardent FX how CBD has a different setting for Decarb.

Screenshot_20230201_142150_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Something really different for you all

As high as I was last night, I could have jumped on the stage and fit in perfectly.:eyebrows::cools:
Suki kept asking, "How many times did you hit the Unicorn?"

I really didn't realize how high I was, until I woke this morning. That damn double dose cannacoffee must have been quite potent and long lasting.

That CBG is some pretty cool stuff I really never heard of it b4.
Then what is really cool is just how much stuff comes from CBGA it's like the precursor to everything that's so cool!!!

So the question I would have is when they say it's gonna be 15% CBG in the dried leaf.
Do they really mean it's gonna be 15% CBGA . (Just like when they give a % THC but really mean THCA)
Cause the A means acid (carboxylic acid) which we want gone. That why we call it Decarboxylating or decarb for short. Your clipping off the carboxylic acid.

So if it's CBGA then ya you'd need to decarb to get to CBG. And then there might be other stuff in there as well you wanna decarb like maybe CBDA (???).

But if it's truly just CBG then there's no need to decarb CBG cause there's no carboxyl group (acid).
See the COOH in CBGA but no COOH in the CBG?

And then if do need to decarb at what temp? Notice on your ardent FX how CBD has a different setting for Decarb.

View attachment 1561362
Yes, its cbga until decarbed…..
Ive used 220f for 60 minutes to decarb cbg in the past. A friend recommended that time and temp… :pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back