Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between being gone for work and gone golfing every weekend, and working long hours when he wasn't traveling it always kinda felt like maybe he wasn't all that keen on being there and being a dad. He missed basically everything because he was always too busy. Even when we would go on family vacations it was always us and mom, he'd be on the golf course or locked in their rooms on conference calls the whole time. It sucks when you grow up and realize you really don't have any memories of your dad acting like a dad. At his retirement he made a speech (I wasn't invited of course but I saw the video) and he teared up when he talked about the sacrifices he and we had to make with him not being around in order for him to provide a good life or whatever. I thought maybe that was like a moment of clarity or whatever and maybe just maybe he would want to be a grandpa to my kids to like make up for lost time or whatever but he spends all his time traveling for golf now and it's just like oh okay, no surprise there I guess. Sucks cause now he has all the time in the world to be there for stuff and he just doesn't care to.
it really sucks - you get caught up in the corporate whirlwind and crack on, when I look back, there is no way on earth I would do the same again - fr too much has been lost that you cant "buy" back

good morning - good morning :pass:

How is everyone on this fine market day?
by fine I mean, grey and normal, but I know the sun is shining somewhere so I will take that and enjoy

here there @Talonxracer - how are you getting on?
Had a peek at your Bonsai yesterday, she looks so so lovely - I really want one :vibe:
@Mossy said there was some chap putting glass balls under the roots, had a look and they look epic - I think it would need a Photo plant though to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back