Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the Newport massive

Oh wow, that sounds tough - it's never been a favorite of mine, waking up when dark.

In a previous job/s I had to travel a lot especially around Asia and Africa as meetings there all had to be face to face (less so now), it nearly killed me, leave home on a sunday , get back on saturday 6 countries and 10 meetings later, sleep - wake up and head out again on Sunday - I remember waking up in hotels at silly times having to take a look out the window to work out which city I was in and if I should be asleep or not, sleeping really became a thing of 'as and when' if you find 5 or 10 you take it - as a younger person, it was easy enough but after a few years I hated the sight of planes and the sound of alarm clocks

Hotels....everyone Thinks you are living the Life of Riley staying in hotels....getting wined and dined for free ...but it is not like a holiday....you very rarely get to See any of the area.....just inside a hotel and conference rooms.....and Most could be anywhere in the world.

I once got sent to Denmark for a meeting...2 airports...2 plane journeys...a train ride there...taxi and 2 airports/flights back....for a 2 HOUR meeting...... :doh:...Madness.....

Waking up late is the craziest thing about being off work. I don't sleep much at 430 my body shoots up and says GO! N now im just like what is this desire to sleep???

it always amazed me when we went on holiday to a different time Zone......and I still used to wake up at 6.45am to get up for work.....:biggrin:
Like...we are 2 hours different here...how does That work...?......:pass:

it always amazed me when we went on holiday to a different time Zone......and I still used to wake up at 6.45am to get up for work.....:biggrin:
Like...we are 2 hours different here...how does That work...?......:pass:
I wouldn't know I've never really been out of my time zone. Couple times. Ya the weird thing is even tho ur mind tells your body that you don't have to be up your body says
giphy (22).gif

Hotels....everyone Thinks you are living the Life of Riley staying in hotels....getting wined and dined for free ...but it is not like a holiday....you very rarely get to See any of the area.....just inside a hotel and conference rooms.....and Most could be anywhere in the world.

I once got sent to Denmark for a meeting...2 airports...2 plane journeys...a train ride there...taxi and 2 airports/flights back....for a 2 HOUR meeting...... :doh:...Madness.....
It was certainly a ball ache, I remember getting an email from Emirates airlines - I had done 250,000 miles a year for the previous five on one of their planes...that sucked donkey balls.
And when I got my Titanium for life with Marriott - that is 10 years of 75+ nights per year it just makes you realise that you have not been home - I have to say through my late 20's and early 30's before kids my ex-wife used to come on many trips so we would stay the weekend and saw many countries, places etc...and the first child was lucky as he came everywhere until he started school - his first passport was full before it expired. But as you climb the "so called' ladder there just is not time to see a thing, then the kids appear and did not see them growing up a a result of never being home, before you know it, the wife is gone along with the kids never to be seen again....it definitely sucks :cuss:

It certainly is as far away from the life of Riley as can be

Morning kittens...61f, 1st cup half done.....more laundry and trimming to do....supposed to high in the 80's for the next few days so outside work needs doing......strange, if it was 50f I'd be bundled up, PJ's, double socks and a blanket over my legs chilled to the bone but at 61 I'm fine in my robe and slippers....

Getting there @PinkyNotTheBrain ...me brain feels a bit freer.....yay...retentive thought....:biggrin:

What about you....?.........:pighug:...getting any Sleep......?

Not Much I'm guessing...?
Some soup to warm the bones?
7AZT.gif

Ya not really. I try to nap when my aunt does cuz i know ill b up everytime she is overnight but i can't when its daytime. Shes worried about money. I budget well so i have savings its not a problem but the constant stress of being by someone wound so tight can be tedious. Im smoking a lot. Reefer and tobacco so so far I've been good about not getting aggravated with her .

Morning all, gonna get cold this week with -27 F on Saturday! Woohoo… not! Mandarin Zkittlez seedlings look like they enjoyed the move to the tent. Thinking rootzone was a little cold. 4 auto seedlings in the big pot are good as well. I am excited to clone. My plan is to top the two photos and use cuttings as clones. Gonna try to fill that tent this time. 2 photos, and as many clones as will fit. Should be fun. A couple of those may go outside when it’s warm enough. Other than that, lazy… a little cleaning… lot of toking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back