Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only feel over paid because everything is overpriced. Looking a ph dosing meters now.
The value of anything is worth no more or no less then what some one will give you for it.
Besides they not giving me deals on boards. Sooooo.
:backside:
Yeah, 9.7% inflation rate Or CPI.....I didn't pay that much attention to the bad news......... doesn't help.

volunteered for a job. Was interviewed and then ask about compensation. Compensation??? I thought.......but didn't say anything. Was made an offer and almost busted a gut laughing! I woulda done the job for an occasional freebie lol! The offer was actually more than I've ever earned hourly lol! Yep, over paid and proud of it! :smoking::headbang:

I'm probably a walking toxic waste site....... when I was a kid, my best friend's father ran an auto wrecking yard. Before they crushed the cars that had been stripped, they burned them........... and we'd strip out the copper wiring. His dad gave of 1/2 of what the copper brought in......... I'm surprised I'm not a walking tumor!

If the wires come up to short and I can talk them into a new drive. I going to start looking at boats. :cooldance:
200 plus pounds of scrap copper for me. Last time I checked it was approaching 4 dollars a pound.
:toke:

Working on a 200hp chipper motor today. I got 2 hr work to do max. Might be 2 in the morning before I get to do it. I’m on the clock since they called me at 7. Considering it’s holding up a six figure a day operation they didn’t even ask how much. Service call on premium time. They know the drill. Gonna be a good day. Excuse me why I shop for grow gear on the internet.

And get higher then gas.
:baked:

:pass:
Motor re-wire? I did one of those once, an oil pump on the boat. Worked out really well, the motor now has hi temp winding on the rotor, and is better than new. I took notes as I pulled it apart... :biggrin:

A little Moroccon x White Dwarf x Low Ryder, to start the day. :cheers:
dsc_0695-2-jpg.1420460
DSC_0695~2.JPG

Last edited:
Had to catch up, honey had me watching the late night comedians.

Speaking of prices, we order wintergreen oil for our old achy muscles...dang, went up about five-fold. Good thing that i ordered extra, last time.
Okay, gotta get moving or i'll miss one of my hours of steps...ha, new toys. I walked over 45 miles last week, so that's not bad for a nearly 70 year old.

2 years after I quit fire equipt and started driving truck got a call from last employer. Had a new install fire alarm system that his tech could not clear the faults from the circuits on a new paint booth. Since he was a good boss and I had a week off before getting back in the truck I drove up to jax to give him a hand....No talk of compensation or anything ( knew him as a fair guy). Met him and his tech there, looked at the parts list, confirmed my assessment with a walk around. Sent him to home depot for 20 bucks worth of 4 gang, 1/2 inch extensions while went to grab breakfast bisquits.....30 min. after he got back was calling fire marshal for final inspection........that particular manufacturer changed parts suppliers and all the new sensors and audible/visual alarms were 2/3 of an inch longer and as a result when you screwed them into the box they would ground to the back of a regular 4 gang box.....tech had been there every day for 2 weeks trying to get it to work for inspection....saved the tech's job as I explained it took me and my suspervisor a week to figure it out 5 years before and it had been long enough that any service bulletins were basically non existant about it. Got breakfast and 500 for half a days work.

They have a brand new motor on the way. Sometime late this eve. The feed wires might be to short. The wire feeding it is three runs of 500mcm copper 30ft. Weighs 1 1/2 pounds per foot. It would take two more guys. Then I could really pencil whip the shit out of them.
@WildBill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back