Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought fry bread was a Native American thing? That then got intermingled with Mexican food…? I think I always just assumed that, so I really have no clue lol
I mean really, the only real difference is an imaginary border and a little less Spanish influence if you go back far enough. You gotta figure how many tribes there were at one point across the whole country, with completely different customs and traditions unique to each. Region plays a far greater part in culinary traditions than genetics from what I understand. Afaik fry bread originated when the Navajo people were forced to relocate. Traditionally they used masa made from either corn or beans but NM doesn't really support the growth of either and so they transitioned to wheat and fry bread was born. The only true difference is that fry bread has baking powder added and it isn't pressed flat.

This was a pretty interesting read and pretty much lines up with the documentary about it i saw in a drs waiting room a few years back. May have been a tv show. Regardless I sat there long enough to watch it start to finish lol.

I mean really, the only real difference is an imaginary border and a little less Spanish influence if you go back far enough. You gotta figure how many tribes there were at one point across the whole country, with completely different customs and traditions unique to each. Region plays a far greater part in culinary traditions than genetics from what I understand. Afaik fry bread originated when the Navajo people were forced to relocate. Traditionally they used masa made from either corn or beans but NM doesn't really support the growth of either and so they transitioned to wheat and fry bread was born. The only true difference is that fry bread has baking powder added and it isn't pressed flat.

This was a pretty interesting read and pretty much lines up with the documentary about it i saw in a drs waiting room a few years back. May have been a tv show. Regardless I sat there long enough to watch it start to finish lol.

Cheers for sharing @Suki813 ...it won't let me plus rep you ATM.... :headbang:

Sukipup is blowing her coat... I was plucking tufts of undercoat earlier. Rolled it up in a ball and then randomly decided to start finger spinning it lmfao. I miss spinning. My wheel got broken in the move so I haven't touched my wool in over a year :frowny1:
20220312_113120.jpg

Welp. Today's going to be fun. I've gotta dig up and replace my houses original, clay sewage line today.
...we got 5 inches of snow overnight. Thank gods my wife gave me permission to go rent a backhoe/excavator lol.
Right def a good thing she didn’t just show up with a new shovel and say get to work! :yoinks:

IMG_20220312_113554311.jpg

It looks like LokiOG will be coming down next week, If she doesn't fatten up any more.

Check this one out... It's been a while since I've had an Auto grow like she's trying to take over my tent. This is the fastbuds tester 2022. Grows like she'd hit the edges of a 4x4 tent if it was a hydro grow.
IMG_20220312_113309274.jpg

I struggled to get a screw into a wooden door a couple of evenings ago ... after turning it for about 10 minutes and making very little progress, i decided to check the screw ... it had a flat end ... useless .... but also an honest appraisal of my DIY skill level :rofl:

Looks interesting but i want a pre-built stone one ^_^ - a "forever" peice of kit!

View attachment 1430819

... 1000KGs!!!! :yoinks:
Hey if you were turning the screw the proper direction then you’re def ahead of some peoples skills! ;)

Lying POS Post Office! For an entity that's not a government agency, it sure as hell like one!:grrr1: :grrr1:

36 hrs to go 100 miles?:what?:
Hey at least it’s not going to other countries on its way like some of @Suki813 seeds did not long ago! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back