Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have some "smart" color changing led light bulbs in the house that supposedly make millions of different spectrums. You can even save the colors and run them on a timer through the app. May be worth considering... My use is generally "hey Google, turn the lights purple and play black Sabbath" kinda thing, but they are very adjustable LEDs...:pass:
We've had these for years but there's a lot of different options available now
Looking for supplemental 6500k ish and 2700k ish to add to the 3 ts1000's in the main tent...trying to get shorter internodes and denser buds

not sure if its cost effective
With the price of mediocre dispensary weed, or decent black market around here, I could buy a new light and whole setup every grow and it would still be cost effective. Even with a poor grow in a 4x4 I'll still get 10oz of decent grass. 10oz of decent grass goes for like $3000-4500 here. Costs me like $150 total to grow those 10oz with what I already have

@Olderfart we are on the same page on everything. all reasons why i was hard after the 24k. i plan on saving a 1-2 to attempt selfings or breeding down the road for myself. I am sick of the mad rush to get a strain you want otherwise they are gone in 10 min. mondays 24k release lasted 8 min but everything else was in stock for awhile :nono:

A lot of my DIY in me came once I couldn't afford anymore supplys or seeds. :rofl: Good thing now grow seems to be self sufficient not sure if its cost effective. but definitely better bud already and I am just getting started. That being said it is very addicting same with growing.

I've been wondering that myself
Yes sir, we seem to be playing from the same song sheet. I'm not sure where my DIY obsession comes from. It started when I was a kid, and hasn't given up yet. I just enjoy making stuff, and once in a while it works out better than anything I could have bought anyway, and usually cheaper. All works for me, and keeps me using the grey matter.

I am lucky enough that I could afford to buy most of this stuff, but old habits die hard, and making stuff is fun anyway. :biggrin:

Good luck with the seeds. Let me know how the 24c and Anvil work out for insomnia. @BCBudlady mentioned that newer stocks of 24C might not be as narcotic as the original. Apparently the seed production is outsourced for this strain, and it doesn't seem to be quite the same. I will be interested in how it works for you. The stuff I have been using so far is original, but the last seed from that is gone as of my recent grow I made seeds this time around, and noticed that of the two mother plants I pollenated, one was visually more Indica and a bit bigger than the other. I have seeds from both phenos, and will grow them out next grow to see how they behave effect wise.

If you only have 3 24c seeds, I recommend starting one early for reversal for pollen, and doing the other two separately the way I did for mothers. That way, you can watch for the different phenos and keep the more Indica ones separate until you have a chance to see how they work for you.

Good luck with it whatever you do. :pighug:

With the price of mediocre dispensary weed, or decent black market around here, I could buy a new light and whole setup every grow and it would still be cost effective. Even with a poor grow in a 4x4 I'll still get 10oz of decent grass. 10oz of decent grass goes for like $3000-4500 here. Costs me like $150 total to grow those 10oz with what I already have
yup pretty much the same arithmetic here. At $10/ gram, my first indoor plant paid for everything I have spent on this mischief, or close enough to it. Even just two of my first solo cups would do it at that price, and that doesn't include the seed supply I got from one of them. And then there is the difference in quality of the bud, the better selection of strains available, and the fun of growing.

Growing my own is a complete no brainer for me. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back