Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a Toyota dealership today to hopefully buy a car for the wife. I've been researching and messing with payment calculators and all that for days so I feel like I'm well prepared... With the down payment and trade in this car should have been around $260/mo. This scumbag place hands me a quote of $587/mo! That's not even in the same neighborhood! Turns out they add $8k to the price due to "chips for the cars are hard to get now" but disguise it as a service plan, even though they got the car for regular price, straight from Toyota, brand new... Really feels like they're using this "chip shortage" from 2 years ago as an excuse to jack the prices way up

And also tried hit me with the lowest blue book value and cut that in half for the trade in. That's a $25k difference over the life of the loan. I'll be spending all day tomorrow at dealerships. But if anybody else in looking for a car, do a ton of homework 1st and be prepared to be screwed...
That's almost an industry standard now. There are dealers that will sell at MSRP. I've never bought a car for MSRP and refuse to pay over.
Most vehicles coming in will already be sold.
You can buy for MSRP. You may have to travel to do so, but at $8k, you can travel. Try this site, Jerry Renolds has a nation wide car show on the radio. If you want a car, you can get it. Try your area first, but I do know there are dealers in the D/FW Metro will have dealers that can help you. I'd travel 1500 miles for $8k if I wanted a car.

D2789811-FF6F-4A48-A4F6-21D3D29F88B0.jpeg

This will be my afternoon :pop::pop:

That's almost an industry standard now. There are dealers that will sell at MSRP. I've never bought a car for MSRP and refuse to pay over.
Most vehicles coming in will already be sold.
You can buy for MSRP. You may have to travel to do so, but at $8k, you can travel. Try this site, Jerry Renolds has a nation wide car show on the radio. If you want a car, you can get it. Try your area first, but I do know there are dealers in the D/FW Metro will have dealers that can help you. I'd travel 1500 miles for $8k if I wanted a car.
I'd have no problem flying across the country and taking a week off of work and driving it home for $8k. Did some online research last night and I have about a dozen Toyota dealers within an hour of me and about half of them are adding the extra. All of them are of course closed today and it's tough getting to a dealership after work during the week since they all close at 6. And I want to drive it before I buy it. Test drove a car this week that smelled like it was on fire :hothot:

Gravity is a Terrible thing.......:doh:...everybody Knows that your ears and nose keep on growing throughout your life....but no-one says all the wrinkles in your ball sack are going to unravel and you are going to need bicycle clips for the bottom of your underwear to stop everything dropping out........:doh:

{doesn't Help if your husband insists on showing you the results...:yoinks:..] Getting old is not for cissies.
Auntie, you are one scary woman this morning... :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back