Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puppies
20220302_155007.jpg
20220302_161351.jpg
20220302_161404.jpg

Talk about huge difference here! No idea why just the main end bud on each branch did some weird reveg bullshit so their is tons of leafs in the wonky flower clusters but just below it you’d never know there were issues lurking just above! :yoinks:
View attachment 1426687View attachment 1426688View attachment 1426689View attachment 1426690View attachment 1426691View attachment 1426692View attachment 1426693
View attachment 1426696View attachment 1426694View attachment 1426695
I only used the knf regimen I learned in a class some of us took and didn’t go over amounts given plus the soil had already been run once but thinking it still had too much food in it cuz swapping to water only few feeds back sure stopped the problems! Guessing it was from excess something but def wasn’t N cuz that’s 1 I could spot!:shrug:

I have not had a plant do that since I stopped defoliating? Do you think the plant might want more energy so it is growing leaves? That makes it a real bitch to trim :fire:. I hope I didn't just jinx myself :yoinks:

These work well for the first time but get clogged quickly on me after the first run, regardless of cleaning technique. In my experience, it's as much matter of distribution as anything. I use PVC "spacers" to keep 4 airstones spread apart - kinda a "field of bubbles" thing. I then adjust airflow to try and get that max but gentle bubble flow going. I try to balance turbulence with airflow. Using multiple pumps and airstones makes that easier to achieve. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

It has been a while since I talked about the physics of gas exchange in bubbles released in water. The surface of the bubble is where the water picks up the oxygen. The amount of Oxygen in the water is called the % Dissolved Oxygen. Water holds the most dissolved oxygen at ~68°F. It is this dissolved oxygen that is taken up in the roots. Smaller bubbles have a much greater surface area than larger.

ScreenHunter_272 Jul. 31 18.10.jpg

It was worth it to me to use the ceramic stones. I just bought new when needed. Even with this 78°F reservoir temps are marginal for growing.

Anyhow I have seen buckets with a hurricane going on and the plants still grew - so there is that:pass:

You know my cheap ass ways. Part of the reason to move on to rock wool. The biggest factor for me was the reservoir temps here are killer. I don't have space for the size chillers I would need.

Yes which makes me lean more towards a resistance thing vs a pressure thing

One person postulated that it’s a natural response to them hitting the permafrost layer in the natural ecotome of the day neutral ruderalis.

Also I whole heartedly believe that stress can also induce flowering. If your plant is struggling for too long under too much stress it’ll kick it into survival mode and flower
I believe it is a response but as to what factors stimulated it? We may never know.

Also keep in mind he is pumping about 7 liters per minute per gallon of reservoir water.

We are going to refine the air displacement next run. Basically I want the whole bottom of the res as the air stones

I don't remember what I used in volume?

That looks fantastic. Really well organized. Would love to go to one of these events at some point. That's unfortunately a little short notice for me. Next Friday isn't it?

We are planning on a Mediterranean adventure in August and hopefully back to the EU and Scandinavia next summer. Dad's going to be 93 I believe. I'd like to see him again while he is still sharp. End of this month making a work trip... ah I may or may not seek out some local, hrm, "seed vendors." I never paid them much attention but the beach bwoys always saying "sensimillia, sensi, sensi, gwarantee pinky!" Hahaha, I'm sure I could scare up a bad bag full of seeds to bring home and try. Total shit I'm sure but ah, might be a gold mine of local weird inbred genetics. Or it's all white label lab engineered stuff from the Eastern Baltics.

So... tangent there. I've not had a pint. Definitely not two. Nope.

Well, if I'm in Sweden next summer let's try and meet up?

Really? Is the window their only light? Wow if so. :worship:
Naw. Grew these in my veg tent. Just inherited the other half of Grandad’s camp. Just quit my full time and moving there for the summer. :pass:

semi retired.:joy:

That looks fantastic. Really well organized. Would love to go to one of these events at some point. That's unfortunately a little short notice for me. Next Friday isn't it?

We are planning on a Mediterranean adventure in August and hopefully back to the EU and Scandinavia next summer. Dad's going to be 93 I believe. I'd like to see him again while he is still sharp. End of this month making a work trip... ah I may or may not seek out some local, hrm, "seed vendors." I never paid them much attention but the beach bwoys always saying "sensimillia, sensi, sensi, gwarantee pinky!" Hahaha, I'm sure I could scare up a bad bag full of seeds to bring home and try. Total shit I'm sure but ah, might be a gold mine of local weird inbred genetics. Or it's all white label lab engineered stuff from the Eastern Baltics.

So... tangent there. I've not had a pint. Definitely not two. Nope.

Well, if I'm in Sweden next summer let's try and meet up?

Yes, it’s next Friday I believe. I have not decided to 100% if I will go or not, but I want to, want to see how the pros handle their business and to learn more about the community, and the laws down there, and to meet some growers as i still have not met another grower IRL, in my life.

That sounds like a good idea. I’ll make sure I have a lot of weed to share :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back