Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had good luck pulling PEX pipe through old walls, and it's easy to join to copper with Sharkbite fitings.

I sharkbite everything. Never once had a leak with shark bite (something out-of-work plumbers like to claim that sharkbite is known for.)

Hey @PinkyNotTheBrain can you mail me one of these?

FB_IMG_1683251327332.jpg

I sharkbite everything. Never once had a leak with shark bite (something out-of-work plumbers like to claim that sharkbite is known for.)
My only sharkbite fails were when I didn't push the pipe far enough into the fitting. I started marking an inch from the end of the pipe with a sharpie, so I can know for sure that it's in far enough. Making sure there's no burr on the end of the pipe, inside & outside is essential.

My only sharkbite fails were when I didn't push the pipe far enough into the fitting. I started marking an inch from the end of the pipe with a sharpie, so I can know for sure that it's in far enough. Making sure there's no burr on the end of the pipe, inside & outside is essential.

You have to buy that expensive little pan-flute looking tool they sell! De-burrs!

The shut off in the picture. But the new parts aren't where it's leaking. It's in the wall where I can't see. I put a vise grip on the pipe to unscrew the old valve and I think that is my problem. Not a single plumbing issue in this house for the 1st 3 years we've lived here. Now I've got something leaking every week or 2
Am i crazy, tired or what's the reason I don't see a shut off ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back