Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure they're spring tails

Yup was coming back to say that's what they look like but in the second video there some type of mite hope it's a good kind:shrug::thanks:
Springtails are teeny tiny buddy! They look more like a small long bodied mite vs a worm type larvae! And u would see adults and all u gotta do us move your finger over them and if springtails u will see em jump away from u!

Nice little sprinkle of diatomaceous earth and they’ll be gone.:amazon:
U cant use DE in an earthbox cuz soil always stayed soaked up top with water dripping off the covers so it doesn’t do any good! He would need to cut the covers off those boxes!

I know I should know what these are and am googling now but appreciate everyone’s input :yoinks::wall:
View attachment 1589473
View attachment 1589474
Looks like springtails and soil mites to me. Neither is harmful to plants. I get the mites in with my worm castings. Living soil should have that kinda stuff in it. Springtails will wind up around the house looking for water sometimes, usually by sinks, drains and houseplants. But they won't get crazy

I’m not leaving. Just trying not to be on L-S when I’m stoned….:rofl:
Get reported posts…haha
1683073730200.gif

Looks like springtails and soil mites to me. Neither is harmful to plants. I get the mites in with my worm castings. Living soil should have that kinda stuff in it. Springtails will wind up around the house looking for water sometimes, usually by sinks, drains and houseplants. But they won't get crazy
Yall have to remember how far away the camera was! I add beneficial mites and trust me u gotta get your camera inches away and zoom in to see them! He was like 2’ off the box it looked like so whatever those are they are def bigger then a lil mite or springtail!

@Lil Dab sorry to say it but easiest and fastest way to get rid of them is take the covers off! I added rove beetles and it was disgusting how fast they bred under those covers when soil just stayed saturated nonstop! Wish i still had some vids but my ones on IG were reported a year after the fact for my music i added so got removed! Take the cover off and soil will dry out and become less habitable for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back