Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 46 Sour Stomper :smokeit:
20230501_184727.jpg

Yeah, my last job ruined me. I was being abused by my coworkers to the point of crying at my desk while continuing to work through it every day. I wasn't even allowed to use my given name because the person who was abusing me had the same name and threw a fit about me having the same name. She was 45. I worked my ass off and never got a raise even though I was doing way more than my coworkers and being paid the least of everyone besides the warehouse guys. When it was just me on my insurance I was bringing home $500ish 2x a month at $16.50 an hour. When I had to add hubby and the kids I actually *owed* the company money for insurance. That lasted all of a month before I had a mental breakdown and took 2 weeks off because I was suicidal. They fired me when I came back. Now I'm to a point where I'm scared to even attempt to get a real job again because of the trauma I went through there. Between the cost of insurance, co-pays, a 10k deductible, as well as the cost of working (childcare, gas, my sanity, etc) we are better off with me not working. Which is stupid but the system is so beyond incredibly broken that it is what it is.
I hear you. My wife has already been through a similar thing. She dropped out of the workforce to raise our daughter when her job wrecked her sanity. These days she’s the strong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back