Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
@One Puff - If you and your wife are into afrobeat stuff perhaps you can actually help me find a song!

I used to love King Sunny Ade and His African Beats. They did a song for the O.C and Stiggs movie (1985) but I cannot find this version anywhere. I think it may be a one off jam they did just for the film.

we have a lot of King Sunny I will see if we have it.

Love all the music that is posted, keep it coming. My wife has acquired over 15,000 songs and not one of the songs I have seen posted is on her list, although I have been making some suggestions. We listen to World Beat music much of it from the various countries in Africa. One of my favorite artists is Fela Kuti, he created the genre Afrobeat which originated in Nigeria. Fela was imprisoned for his music which he used as a weapon with songs against the government and military. Fela died in 1997 at 58 while in priso. Fela called the military Zombies because they would do what ever the government wanted. Shortly after the release of the album Zombie his compound was attacked by hundreds of military solders who burned down his compound and killed family members along with is mother. This is his son Sean singing Zombie. Fela had many children as at one point he had 27 wives. All his songs are very long this one is short at 10+ minutes singing starts 4 minutes in. Hope you enjoy.

here is a great documentary about Fela if your interested.

Great tunes! I'll post both of them every once in awhile. Good morning music to get the blood flowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back