Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody around here have any experience/knowledge of tankless hot water heaters?:pass:

What would you like to know? Unless space is an issue, conventional is probably the better option. They don't save that much on electricity/gas. If you can get rebates from your state, could be a better option though

Anybody around here have any experience/knowledge of tankless hot water heaters?:pass:
I put a gas tankless in at a previous home. Gas you have to consider venting where electric you don’t. Tankless certainly give you more space. You are not maintaining all that water hot at temp. You have unlimited hot water. Tankless have more maintenance than regular and each one is different so read up. I sold the house about 5 years after the install and it was great. I don’t think they last much longer than a conventional but cost a sh!t more. So personally unless you need the space go conventional hot water heater and anywhere you want instant hot water install the under counter heaters or put in a recirculating system as well. Just one person’s opinion about a single experience with a tankless water heater. When I replaced the water heater in our current home we went conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back