Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I alternate between two or three sets of a hundred…one day to the next….and take Sunday off from the push ups…..but do the walks every day :d5::pass::lildab:
Wow! I used to do sets of 50 pushups 40 years ago... 5 slow ones now. Since I was always climbing trees or sailboat masts, I can still do several sets of 10 pullups though, and back and forth on the monkey bars multiple times. In da joint in my 30's I was doing 18 sets of 10 pullups every other day. One o' me nicknames was Popeye, because of my forearms. Now at 72 and with the infirmities of aging I'm just trying to survive. My refugee kids run me ragged.

Good Morning AFN Community! I just got my pack of Mephisto's Chemdogging and sometimes it's more exciting to see what freebies you get & I actually got the one I was hoping to get Super Orange Haze x 24 Carat!!!

Anyone like a nice piece of gluten free chocolate cake...with sour cherries and cream to go with their coffee..........?.....:eyebrows:

IMG_6221.JPG

Last edited:
Wow! I used to do sets of 50 pushups 40 years ago... 5 slow ones now. Since I was always climbing trees or sailboat masts, I can still do several sets of 10 pullups though, and back and forth on the monkey bars multiple times. In da joint in my 30's I was doing 18 sets of 10 pullups every other day. One o' me nicknames was Popeye, because of my forearms. Now at 72 and with the infirmities of aging I'm just trying to survive. My refugee kids run me ragged.
Most folks can’t do 1 set of 10 pull ups….at your age, it’s absolutely insane! Fine job, sir!!! :d5:

Back in my twenties I was very strong, huge even. It’s probably what saved me from getting hurt much, much worse. I often joke that I hit the ground so hard in 2009 that it still hurts :rofl: Truth be told, I was luckily to walk away as uninjured as I was…. I attempted to continue my career after, but couldn’t. I would find out years later that I broke my spine in two places. If I had been less muscular, I probably would have been paralyzed or worse.:doh::rofl:

I spent hours working hands and forearms out at sea, and my nickname in the Navy was Popeye as well, LOL some adventurous types had challenged me and found out my hands were like bear traps, LOL. But now, not so much, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back