Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning y'all, 32*f and snowing,kitties taken care of, Missy decided she had to go outside a second time... Silly kitty.....
Good morning @Talonxracer ✌️ :coffee2:

Otis the cat also jumped outside this morning for a quick jaunt. I should be hearing his paws at the sliding door any second now 😜🐈

Morning man!
Started watching the new Top Gun movie. The first part of the movie reminded me of how damn busy that damn flight deck can get. Did your COs let the buzzard nest be occupied during normal flight ops?
I seldom had to go on the fight deck. I always had a brown shoe with me.Controlled Chaos is what I called it! :funny:

Morning man!
Started watching the new Top Gun movie. The first part of the movie reminded me of how damn busy that damn flight deck can get. Did your COs let the buzzard nest be occupied during normal flight ops?
I seldom had to go on the fight deck. I always had a brown shoe with me.Controlled Chaos is what I called it! :funny:
The flight deck was awesome, loved every minute, but deadly if your noggin isn't on a full time swivel, LOL,,,,

Vultures row was usually open for gawkers to witness the controlled chaos down below, which is certainly not a place for novice sightseers,LOL

The flight deck was awesome, loved every minute, but deadly if your noggin isn't on a full time swivel, LOL,,,,

Vultures row was usually open for gawkers to witness the controlled chaos down below, which is certainly not a place for novice sightseers,LOL
It's definitely an eye-opening view for sure.
The landings is what I liked watching the best. Amazing skill!
Although, A Tomcat launch is quite the site to see. I liked the Tomcat a lot, mostly because I built one of the early models, I think Revelle. It was Big scale model. $15-20 back then.
Just something about that plane! It did serve 32 years aboard in that role.

It's definitely an eye-opening view for sure.
The landings is what I liked watching the best. Amazing skill!
Although, A Tomcat launch is quite the site to see. I liked the Tomcat a lot, mostly because I built one of the early models, I think Revelle. It was Big scale model. $15-20 back then.
Just something about that plane! It did serve 32 years aboard in that role.
Yeah the Tomcat is an awesome aircraft, and it almost wasnt, McNamara wanted the navy to adopt the F-111 during the TFX program but it was a dismal failure onboard with several fatal crashes during landings and takeoffs and sluggish performance in dogfight due to its size. Luckily Grumman was working on the Tomcat/Phoenix missle design already!

Bro i will tell u i have stomach issues at times and what it always seems to lead back to is i normally had a canna coffee or 2 day before and the oil will tear my stomach up and have it aching next day! :nono:
Ya, me too but only when I over do it on the oil.

Yeah the Tomcat is an awesome aircraft, and it almost wasnt, McNamara wanted the navy to adopt the F-111 during the TFX program but it was a dismal failure onboard with several fatal crashes during landings and takeoffs and sluggish performance in dogfight due to its size. Luckily Grumman was working on the Tomcat/Phoenix missle design already!
That thing had terrible landing gear if I remember correctly. Wasn't it designed for the Air Force? Those long runways at Air Farse bases don't heave and move around. Pretty easy to grease it! I sure as hell didn't see a lot of 'greasings' on that carrier. I did see a few, and it was fuggin awesome. Picture textbook perfect. A sight to see for sure.
McNamara. Never liked that guy. I wonder what his net worth was back then? I doubt if ALL his bullshit was because of the greed of power. Kinda something ya really didn't think much about back then. It should be your FIRST thought today!

A lot of the fascination is, naturally, the wings. In the model I built, the wings were the coolest part! When on display, I always had the wings full back! Although, the power of the plane is simply humbling. You sure AF know what plane is getting launched when those fuggin afterburners are lit! The very first time I was topside when one took off with me fairly close to the JBD, I got such a fuggin adrenalin rush!!!! You could describe it in minute detail and it won't be even close to what it's like to be there in the moment.
I could see where I'd like that environment. Stressful AF is a sure bet...............no matter what colored shirt ya wore.
My cousin was just a little AB, I think he was designated. He hated it with a passion. LOL! He was a huge puss!

When we were changing ports, both crew and wing was FULL of damn newbs and almost all wogs. The Wing got HEAVY training between the air shows we gave to some S A countries. They ran simulation ops close to combat rate fervor. WOW! Best description....... Highly Organized And WELL Executed CLUSTER*CK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back