Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like anything, you just have to pay attention to your gauges and surroundings. I wouldn't smoke and dive under any rough conditions. Calm waters and currents are a must! We partied pretty heavy then, so the guy knew we were "professionals" with a lot of diving experience
Here's one of my stoned scuba stories from the 70's. When smuggling weed from S.America, there were months-long breaks while waiting for the signal that the next load was ready. Meanwhile I had to find ways to entertain myself on an ocean-going sailboat. A scuba aficionado friend came to visit, so I anchored in 30' of water off the west coast of Cat Cay, Bahamas. Sunny, light wind and negligible current. Single tank each. We headed slowly north in 30-40 feet depth. He was taking pictures of marine oddities, I was just along as dive buddy. Anybody see our mistake?
Cat_Cay.jpg

Inspecting some coral, I noticed the debris along the bottom was moving northward. I tapped my tank with some urgency to get my buddy's attention, and showed him that a handful of sand lifted from the bottom didn't fall downward, but headed horizontally northward. We surfaced immediately, to find that instead of being 100 yards away, the boat was small on the Southern horizon. The Gulf Stream is only 45 miles wide there, squeezed between Florida and the Bahamas, with up to 3.5 knot northward current mid-stream. Along both shores the current is variable, often forming eddies that flow in the opposite direction. The edges of the Great Bahama Bank also have strong tidal currents onto and off of the Banks. The uninhabited shore was gnarly coral rock rising vertically 6 or 8 feet from the water's edge, so heading for shore and walking back barefoot was out of the question. Maybe at the surface the current was less, we did reach the boat before the sun went down, swimming as hard as we could with flippers and flailing crawl stroke. Mom always said, "Son, if yr gonna be dumb, you better be tough."

:pighug: You weren't the Only one @hairyman :headbang: ... @blue pulled a Good One there........:king:....

The Best April Fools are the Plausible ones.......... @blue is Pure Evil but looks Innocent...............got a new haircut......everyone is looking there and BOOM.........

View attachment 1439798

And...everyone knows that since lockdown Hobbsey got through all his Swipe Rights on Tinder...and Most of the Swipe Lefts in the second wave.....so he may have had to cast his nets further afield............Plausibilty Factor.......:yeah:.....

:pass:

Listen. There are a LOT of effing trannies on Tinder in Pueblo, Colorado. Like. A lot.

well shit, lookz like bossman don't want me to do the metal buffet today, so....:dammit: ppp

Oh is that why you locked it? You just responded with a green "check off", I didn't realize you did it on purpose. Lock it out, brother man.

Hey Brother! Mind if I jack your short rib sweet potato roasted chili recipe? That looked really good! Need a special for tonight at my sisters restaurant,

Have a bunch of braised short rib left over from catering last night. We already do a sweet potato casserole...So I would just have to roast some pablanos and whip up some pomegranate bbq sauce. Maybe reduce some POM juice, add a little molasses and add to existing bbq sauce...?
Go right ahead sir, the braising liquid was beef stock, pomegranate syrup (knock off grenadine) and sambal olek, beef was browned, and rested on a bed of sliced onions with a couple cloves of garlic. I didn’t seal the pot with a lid, rather made a parchment round that sat on top of the liquid/beef….helps reduce and keeps it from a rolling boil. Roasted at 300 low and slow. Once finished just reduce the liquid until nappe.

The sweet potato mash was just boiled sweet potato, then mashed with a knob of butter and cream. I added roasted and diced green chilies to it (Anaheim, hatch, poblanos). Hit me with any questions….

Mossy

Oh Yum................

Cerebral Goo

Thanks man! I ended up reducing the POM juice and added a little melba sauce, chipotle, and added it to our BBQ sauce. Had enough for 15 orders and sold out in an hour and a half. Did 509 dinners between 3-9...Great idea you had sir! Thanks again!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back