Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little 2 40 gallon tote experiment has proven to be pretty interesting.
I amended two 40 gallon totes with media the same way. I amended both with the same amount of chicken laying crumble on top, applied a good sprinkling of bokashi and then wet down with compost tea and a bit of Recharge and little bit of molasses for the microbes.
After everything was done I mixed up one of them. I closed the lid on the other and let the my mycorrhizae mat develop on top of the chicken crumble. I let both develop a few days.
The one that I mixed up had a fairly decent mat on top of growth and had heated up quite a bit.
The other tote that I left alone had a extremely thick mat of mycorrhizae. It was really getting into that food. Naturally there was no heat up.
I then went ahead and mixed up the coat that I had left alone. At the same time I mixed up the other tote to put more air back into the media.
The tote that I just mixed up heated up quite nicely over the next 24 hours. The day after, I checked both totes.

Last edited:
My little 2 40 gallon tote experiment has proven to be pretty interesting.
I amended two 40 gallon totes with media the same way. I amended both with the same amount of chicken laying crumble on top, applied a good sprinkling of bokashi and then wet down with compost tea and a bit of Recharge and little bit of molasses for the microbes.
After everything was done I mixed up one of them. I quickly and on the other and let the my mycorrhizae mat develop on top of the chicken crumble. I let both develop a few days.
The one that I mixed up had a fairly decent mat on top of growth and had heated up quite a bit.
The other tote that I left alone had a extremely thick mat of mycorrhizae. It was really getting into that food. Naturally there was no heat up.
I then went ahead and mixed up the coat that I had left alone. At the same time I mixed up the other tote to put more air back into the media.
The tote that I just mixed up heated up quite nicely over the next 24 hours. The day after, I checked both totes.
The tote that I had let the mat develop, had quite a bit moremycorrhizae on the top of the media. It was a pretty dramatic difference.
Pretty simplistic idea actually. It makes my bokashi go further by letting it first develop, feed and grow.

@Bob's Auto's Did you get seeds yet? I’m still waiting on seeds:dammit:
1650554460330_small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back