Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a good weekend, can someone just give me a quick explanation of putting stuff like dry straw/hay on top of your soil? I see a lot of people doing it but couldn't find a straight up explanation. Does this help control evaporation and humidity? Thanks for any info :smoker1:
I use barley straw mulch and it helps keep top of soil moist so doesn’t dry out while bottom of pot is still really wet! Also adds some nutrients to the soil as it breaks down and the worms in my pots eat it!

Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a good weekend, can someone just give me a quick explanation of putting stuff like dry straw/hay on top of your soil? I see a lot of people doing it but couldn't find a straight up explanation. Does this help control evaporation and humidity? Thanks for any info :smoker1:

the straw/hay actz as a mulch to keep the soil nice, cool & moist, which = less watering :joy: workz a fuckin treat & is a must for od growing :thumbsup: ppp

What are we using for cal mag around here these days

Are you running hydro, peat or soil?
off topic....was checking out the 2 part spreadsheet, used google sheets to use it......very, very nice....it can uncomplicate a lot of stuff.

off topic....was checking out the 2 part spreadsheet, used google sheets to use it......very, very nice....it can uncomplicate a lot of stuff.
Thanks. It works for me. If it works for others then that is a bonus. I have some promised work to do for the distributor that hooked me up with the Horiba ION meters. Then I may look into other nutrient lines to make spread sheets for them as well? If you are more than a hobby grower you should test your own nutrient inputs regularly. It is a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Are you running hydro, peat or soil?
Peat... wanna switch to autopots I think eventually... maybe some will find their way to me
A buddy owes me some dwc buckets but he’s m.i.a.

Last edited:
Seemed appropriate
Bayou.JPG

ok kidz, benn another long, hot day here in the heartland workin on the new choo-choo station for me photoz :smoking: still gotta sink one more post & put up the lattice of course, but it'z comin together :thumbsup:

20210605_181646.jpg

and no, me ain't forgot what day it is, sooooo @Morningstar_Gardens u wanted it, u got it ;) get ur plate & fork ready, cuz two pagez worth of Caturday nite metal buffet startz NOW! :stir: Up The Ironz! :headbang: ppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back