Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmm... @Clem Fandango ..a couple of staff have been trying bought terpenes... @Mañ'O'Green springs to mind....he might be able to help... :pass:

I like to add synergestic natural herbs in a joint...simplest being dried mint when I fancy a menthol smoke......I haven't noticed any med effect...but I haven't been looking .....just simple taste...

Thanks for the reply Mossy.
Taste is the thing that drew me to the terpene rabbit hole in the first place. These very creative names like supermangocheesecookiepeppersteak and such I was intrigued. As I said in the previous post, the boffins who've been researching this stuff seem to agree that breeding a dominant terpene profile probably requires a sacrifice of some sort.

Now if that terpene profile can be added through the addition of naturally occurring herbs and citrus peel then the pursuit of choccobananacake could be relegated to the back bench with the concentration of growers being on growth traits, bud form, thc levels etc.

Add to that those with anxiety, pain and depression and their ability to seek the terpene entourage they need then maybe it would make mix and matching a viable option.

Lol, love me some free pallets. Like the ones they ship sheet metal on, lots of em are oak.
Am unsure of the wood tbh but there treated and last an age and can take a battering being shipping pallets should be good for planters

Hi, hope you're all doing well and loving life.

I've been fixated on terpenes lately especially their contributions to the psychoactive and health benefits of pot. I have been reading articles and watching videos from Dr Ethan Russo and my interest has only intensified. So far my understanding is as follows;

One of the facts and problems with terpenes is their volatility, not only being lost due to their differing boiling points but also lost in the handling, processing and curing.
Also, breeding a chemovar with a particular terpene profile can result in the chemovar being deficient in other desirable flavonoids, cannabinoids etc.
So my question to the more experienced, I am a converted dry herb vape person after a long time writing it off as a fad (sometimes my ignorance is boundless) and wonder if any of you have experimented with adding small amounts of terpene loaded herbs to your weed, either to your vape or to joints?
If so, what were your experiences? Did you notice any psychological, physical or emotional influence on the gear your were consuming?

If in the likely event this has been discussed here before could someone link me to the discussion?

Cheers
Hi Clem! Yes I have done a lot of Bro-science with terpenes. 99% of them were from non-cannabis sources. I made QWET from fresh frozen bud. This essentially strips all of the terpenes out of the oil. Then I added flavored terps, (I tested many strains and wild flavors) It does have an effect on both flavor and buzz. The one Green Crack cannabis derived terpenes made chocolates that were indistinguishable from rosin pressed chocolates from Green Crack I grew. But that shit was $200 ml. The non-cannabis derived terps are good but not the same as a strain. I do use them to flavor the chocolates I make with the long ethanol soaked rosin chips. This stuff makes sludge and by itself is not very pleasant but it will put you on your ass! I made a lot of vape cartridges and the terps work well in them. I just quit making vape oil when peeps started dying. I don't think any of it is safe to vape! I just do dabs now. probably not good for me either but I am going to die from something it might as well be something I enjoy.

Am unsure of the wood tbh but there treated and last an age and can take a battering being shipping pallets should be good for planters
Just as a platform to set plants on.
I sure wouldn't make a planter of any treated wood.

Thanks MOG,

I read about those dodgy vape carts, laced with vitamin E causing lung problems. I wouldn't muck around with that shite either. I'll have to bro science my way with my dry herb vaporizer. Learning by doing I suppose. ;)

He's a beast ain't he blue eyed Merl British bulldog he's only 11 weeks old . He just farts and sleeps so he will fit right in next too mee
I'd hate to ask how much he was. But I'd definitely want one. The shipping would also cost a pretty penny. I'd be all smiles with him snuggled along side me.

:crying: Boom...Street Cred gone.......:pass:

Ordinary deliveries.....or canna products....?
We are seeing Mass post probs in the back shop....mainly affecting Europe with the UK dropping out.
Bit of Tit for Tat Spite going on.......:pass:...sigh...they'll grow up.......eventually.......I Hope.......

Aw....Gorgeous little butter ball....... :pighug:

New day...we are still Breathing.....what's not to Love @WildBill .........:pass:..germ Karma sent your way...........:watering:
Surprisingly that’s on time or earlier it’s the regular stuff:crying:
And now the flower....
image.jpg

This guy ain’t shit anymore lol
image.jpg

Seriously though someone should go back and gather all the beautiful pictures..
The flowers of afn

Here's the start of the outdoor photos 5 days old. I had to put in some supports as today the winds been gusting 25-50mph and even though they are in the greenhouse the winds blowing through and I found one laying down in the pot. So hopefully they'll all be ok now.
20210520_133048.jpg
20210520_133052.jpg
20210520_133058.jpg
20210520_133101.jpg
20210520_133106.jpg
20210520_133110.jpg
20210520_133115.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back