Hopefully some other states get treated better than Illinois. Legalized year and half ago. Concentrates are 65 dollars a gram still with 25 percent state tax added then up to 6 percent of other taxes. The average person walking in a dispensary in Illinois is getting taxed 26 percent. I really don't know anyone going and buying 80 dollar grams of wax but every parking lot is full of people who do. The only thing you legally can do is go into a dispensary get taxed to death leave it unopened and get home to enjoy it. Outside that everything is still illegal basically.

Hopefully some other states get treated better than Illinois. Legalized year and half ago. Concentrates are 65 dollars a gram still with 25 percent state tax added then up to 6 percent of other taxes. The average person walking in a dispensary in Illinois is getting taxed 26 percent. I really don't know anyone going and buying 80 dollar grams of wax but every parking lot is full of people who do. The only thing you legally can do is go into a dispensary get taxed to death leave it unopened and get home to enjoy it. Outside that everything is still illegal basically.
It's really amazing so many people comply any longer really. I'm in a legal state but disagree with plant counts or any restriction on outdoor growing and see all the laws surrounding the plant as unconstitutional and meaningless. They're making so much cash, it proves it's widely accepted and flourishing in the general public. It also doesn't make sense to outlaw anything in nature IMO. Learn to live with as opposed to controling it. I'd really love to see a nation-wide protest. Everyone (who consumes cannabis or needs to help someone) plant a seed at the same time in every state/city/town, etc. I dunno. Maybe name it something like Budz Across America or AmeriCannabis OverGrow. What can they do if it's in almost every house or garden. I mean good luck with that.

Ahhh daydreams....

It's really amazing so many people comply any longer really. I'm in a legal state but disagree with plant counts or any restriction on outdoor growing and see all the laws surrounding the plant as unconstitutional and meaningless. They're making so much cash, it proves it's widely accepted and flourishing in the general public. It also doesn't make sense to outlaw anything in nature IMO. Learn to live with as opposed to controling it. I'd really love to see a nation-wide protest. Everyone (who consumes cannabis or needs to help someone) plant a seed at the same time in every state/city/town, etc. I dunno. Maybe name it something like Budz Across America or AmeriCannabis OverGrow. What can they do if it's in almost every house or garden. I mean good luck with that.

Ahhh daydreams....
Well I done told my lady I'm over 4000 seeds in that I've created of autoflowers. In q couple years I'm just gonna go down roads tossing seeds lol.(not homes) lol

Ahhh daydreams....

Agree. Here in Illinois, it's only legal to grow plants with a medical card. Total BS if you ask me. Homegrow was taken out of the initial bill due to the police saying it would make their jobs more difficult. WTF?! They need to shut the f up and just do their jobs. Maybe if they weren't conditioned to go after the easy arrests/money, they wouldn't be complaining so much.

Regardless, until there is federal legalization, I don't see the states getting away from this hodge-podge, mish-mash of laws. Because as long as it's illegal in a single state, people will be worried about trafficking, etc.

I just know in IL it's only a $200 civil fine if caught growing up to 5 plants without a medical card. Quick maths indicate that it's def worth it to grow without a medical card.

Agree. Here in Illinois, it's only legal to grow plants with a medical card. Total BS if you ask me. Homegrow was taken out of the initial bill due to the police saying it would make their jobs more difficult. WTF?! They need to shut the f up and just do their jobs. Maybe if they weren't conditioned to go after the easy arrests/money, they wouldn't be complaining so much.

Regardless, until there is federal legalization, I don't see the states getting away from this hodge-podge, mish-mash of laws. Because as long as it's illegal in a single state, people will be worried about trafficking, etc.

I just know in IL it's only a $200 civil fine if caught growing up to 5 plants without a medical card. Quick maths indicate that it's def worth it to grow without a medical card.
Let's not forget they've yet to state (at least I know) how much medical patients are allowed to have in there own home.(flower weight). So yeah 5 plants but can you have 30 ounces. Alot of unknowns in Illinois.same with rec. You can buy and have an ounce on you in public and by public I mean to and from the store only. How many ounces can you have inside your home as rec? I just don't know. Illinois government is such a joke

Reactions: Mir
Let's not forget they've yet to state (at least I know) how much medical patients are allowed to have in there own home.(flower weight). So yeah 5 plants but can you have 30 ounces. Alot of unknowns in Illinois.same with rec. You can buy and have an ounce on you in public and by public I mean to and from the store only. How many ounces can you have inside your home as rec? I just don't know. Illinois government is such a joke

My understanding is that medical patients can have as much as they grow. No limit.

The 30 ounces is how much you can possess, regardless of where it's at. It's ridiculous.

Well I done told my lady I'm over 4000 seeds in that I've created of autoflowers. In q couple years I'm just gonna go down roads tossing seeds lol.(not homes) lol
i have several thousand seeds from my seed run last year. I have four strains I will be getting seed from purposely this year. Then I have seed packs from seedbanks I bought in previous years, some never opened. I live in a fully legal state and I have actually thought about doing the same, becoming a Johnny Weedseed and spreading seeds far and wide.

I lived in South Dakota a few decades ago and hemp grew wild everywhere I drove, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Southwest Minnesota. I even saw plants 10 or more feet tall growing along an interstate in Illinois once.

i have several thousand seeds from my seed run last year. I have four strains I will be getting seed from purposely this year. Then I have seed packs from seedbanks I bought in previous years, some never opened. I live in a fully legal state and I have actually thought about doing the same, becoming a Johnny Weedseed and spreading seeds far and wide.

I lived in South Dakota a few decades ago and hemp grew wild everywhere I drove, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Southwest Minnesota. I even saw plants 10 or more feet tall growing along an interstate in Illinois once.
Haha spread the love brother! I'm down to get in a country wide "seed drop" lol! We aren't allowed to share here so might as well haha. I actually have soil tested for some hemp fields

I've gone to a few dispensaries in Northern Michigan that opened around last December. Since the beginning of this year when I have gone to dispensaries I was the only one there. Tax on recreational runs about 16% I believe but I get a 10% discount and usually only go on days the run a special on edibles the days I have gone in order to get a reasonable price. I only bought flower once and found it no better than what I have grown outside. 26% tax is crazy. All that does is drive people to the black market.

In my state you can grow 12 plants. Have 2 1/2 ounces in your possession. 10 ounces in your house. Gift anyone over 21 2 1/2 ounces. If you grow apparently you can have all you legally harvest from those 12 plants. I had a couple pounds from my first Summer growing and had to vacuum pack it and throw it in deep freeze. No way I will ever smoke that much. I found out a neighbor couple grows and I gave them over 1/4 pound one day and told them if they ever need any just ask. When I go to a neighboring town to a hydro store I usually take an ounce to the lady that runs it and have given customers I hear inquiring about growing while there an ounce.

Haha spread the love brother! I'm down to get in a country wide "seed drop" lol! We aren't allowed to share here so might as well haha. I actually have soil tested for some hemp fields
I had a photo plant growing outside last year that never really finished up before freezing weather. I basically have to grow autos outside. I used a male auto to pollinate the autos I grew last Summer and I attempted to pollinate the photo plant with it but basically only noticed a couple seeds on the photo plant. I threw those seeds on the ground last Fall and I got a single female plant to sprout outside at the end of March when we had three days in the 60's. The temperature then dropped back below freezing for nearly three weeks until warm daytime temperatures arrived. This plant took off and started flowering in early June.

I thought it was an auto but it is over 6 feet tall and I have been having to bend the branch tops down daily to keep it below my six foot fence to comply with the out of public view part of the law. I'm pretty sure it is a photo/auto hybrid as my photo plants never flower until August. I had some feminized auto pollen I have used to open pollinate it in order to get some seeds as I have hit or miss luck growing photo strains this far North. A fast photo strain that can survive freezing nighttime temperatures for weeks and finishes before September is exactly what I need just 75 miles South of the Canadian border.

Reactions: Mir
Back