Yeah, even the local hardware store has Happy Frog and Ocean Forest stacked next to the checkout counter. Saved me the hassle of finding street parking at the hydro store.

Did legalization in New Mexico slip by with no notice?

In New Mexico, Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham signed the bill into law in April. While state residents will be able to grow and possess marijuana as soon as June 29, 2021, retail sales are set to begin next year.

Last edited:
Did legalization in New Mexico slip by with no notice?

In New Mexico, Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham signed the bill into law in April. While state residents will be able to grow and possess marijuana as soon as June 29, 2021, retail sales are set to begin next year.

Awesome we pass thru on our way to Colorado. We have wanted to spend some time in New Mexico. Once things get situated we will be visiting!!!!!!

Awesome we pass thru on our way to Colorado. We have wanted to spend some time in New Mexico. Once things get situated we will be visiting!!!!!!
Oh Boy! This means more roads fer da popo to use fido. Dunno if that's good or bad for those that have to buy their meds.

A buddy in El Paso told me a few days ago that he should start a grow and open a dispensary with me being in charge of the grow. I laughed and said, "Why do you want to throw away all those millions you worked so damn hard for?" :funny:

I then started bugging him about still having a 10bolt in his badass 76 Trans Am! :biggrin::cools:

Oh Boy! This means more roads fer da popo to use fido. Dunno if that's good or bad for those that have to buy their meds.

A buddy in El Paso told me a few days ago that he should start a grow and open a dispensary with me being in charge of the grow. I laughed and said, "Why do you want to throw away all those millions you worked so damn hard for?" :funny:

I then started bugging him about still having a 10bolt in his badass 76 Trans Am! :biggrin::cools:
You can always carry it in your prison wallet. I used to live in Arizona, they and all adjacent states except Utah are now legal. I live in one of the most liberal states concerning growing (12 plants), possession amounts (2 1/2 ounces) and the amount you can have in your home (10 ounces or the quantity you harvest from up to 12 plants). Until it became legal where I now live in the Midwest I had thought about driving to the East coast to a legal state just to get a small quantity. That was until I located my first US seedbank and grew my own.

HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) - Connecticut’s recreational marijuana bill passed through the Senate late Thursday morning.

The legislation passed in the House of Representatives Wednesday night and moved on to the Senate. They voted just before noon, passing the bill 16 to 11, with 9 votes not cast.

The bill now heads to Gov. Ned Lamont's desk to be signed.

The bill, which would legalize recreational marijuana in the state, was the culmination of years of debate.

A recreational marijuana bill took a major step toward becoming law, but the governor threatened to veto it over an eleventh-hour amendment.

In recent days, there was controversy over an equity amendment that was added.

Earlier this week, Gov. Ned Lamont threatened to veto the bill over the last-minute amendment that was added in the Senate.

The amendment would have allowed anyone with a marijuana conviction to get an equity license to grow and sell pot, no matter where they live.

Lamont said it would give preference to tens of thousands of people with a history of cannabis crimes, regardless of their financial means.

“These are the folks in communities that have been hard hit, many of them victimized by people selling them drugs, those are the folks we ought to prioritize and help them get on their feet,” Lamont said.

That amendment was taken out on Wednesday.

Gov. Lamont said he will sign the bill.

Starting July 1, pot will be legal for adult use, those 21 and older, and sales are expected to start a year from this fall.

Connecticut would become the 19th state to legalize recreational pot, and the 4th state to do it this year alone.

The bill also allows citizens to grow their own.

Too funny!!!! All the way thru the TX Pan handle there are signs for lawyers advertising to help if you get stopped for cannabis. I reckon there must be those that buy in quantity and drive it back.

Only thing they might get me for is the couple few joints I take to smoke at rest breaks.

We try to do our vacations in legal states so that we don't have to carry much at all with us. It's nice going on vacation and knowing there's a legal smoke waiting for you when you arrive.

Reactions: Mir
Too funny!!!! All the way thru the TX Pan handle there are signs for lawyers advertising to help if you get stopped for cannabis. I reckon there must be those that buy in quantity and drive it back.

Only thing they might get me for is the couple few joints I take to smoke at rest breaks.

We try to do our vacations in legal states so that we don't have to carry much at all with us. It's nice going on vacation and knowing there's a legal smoke waiting for you when you arrive.
I made that trip once to Trinidad and back before growing. I wasn't really worried about getting pulled over on the route in those areas. An old fart in a super clean old truck isn't really in their radar.

HARTFORD, Conn. — Gov. Ned Lamont on Tuesday signed a bill making Connecticut the 19th state to legalize recreational use of marijuana, which remains an illegal drug under federal law. People age 21 and older will be allowed to possess and consume marijuana beginning on July 1 under the new law, which also lays the groundwork for a new cannabis industry in the state.

“We had a chance to learn from others, and I think we’ve got it right here in the state of Connecticut,” said Lamont, a Democrat, referring to the multiyear effort to finally pass a legalization bill during a ceremony at the state capital. “Maybe we weren’t the first but we were the first, I think, to show that we can get it right.”

“I think it will be the most comprehensive and best cannabis legalization bill in the country,” said House Majority Leader Jason Rojas, D-East Hartford. “History will tell us if that’s true or not, but I feel confident in saying yes, right now, this is the best bill in the country and it’s going to move us in a direction of ensuring that we provide a well-regulated marketplace for adult-use cannabis for adults who want to participate in that kind of activity.”

The law allows individuals age 21 and older to possess or consume up to 1.5 ounces (42.5 grams) of “cannabis plant material” and up to 5 ounces (141.7 grams) in a locked container in a home or in the trunk or locked glove box in the person’s vehicle. Retail sales of recreational cannabis in Connecticut are not expected to begin until the summer of 2022, at the earliest.

HARTFORD, Conn. — Gov. Ned Lamont on Tuesday signed a bill making Connecticut the 19th state to legalize recreational use of marijuana, which remains an illegal drug under federal law. People age 21 and older will be allowed to possess and consume marijuana beginning on July 1 under the new law, which also lays the groundwork for a new cannabis industry in the state.

“We had a chance to learn from others, and I think we’ve got it right here in the state of Connecticut,” said Lamont, a Democrat, referring to the multiyear effort to finally pass a legalization bill during a ceremony at the state capital. “Maybe we weren’t the first but we were the first, I think, to show that we can get it right.”

“I think it will be the most comprehensive and best cannabis legalization bill in the country,” said House Majority Leader Jason Rojas, D-East Hartford. “History will tell us if that’s true or not, but I feel confident in saying yes, right now, this is the best bill in the country and it’s going to move us in a direction of ensuring that we provide a well-regulated marketplace for adult-use cannabis for adults who want to participate in that kind of activity.”

The law allows individuals age 21 and older to possess or consume up to 1.5 ounces (42.5 grams) of “cannabis plant material” and up to 5 ounces (141.7 grams) in a locked container in a home or in the trunk or locked glove box in the person’s vehicle. Retail sales of recreational cannabis in Connecticut are not expected to begin until the summer of 2022, at the earliest.

Another one down!!!!!

Back