They are trying to change the law to make it more difficult to bring bills to the legislature. ie: no petitions
I read that iniinitiative was shot down, will have to
Virginia residents starting this summer will be able to legally possess marijuana, following Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam signing the bill into law.

"As of July first, 2021, who’s counting but 71 days from now, Virginia will no longer police adults for possessing small amounts of marijuana," Northam said Wednesday upon signing the bill into law, according to The Virginia Star. "What this really means is that people will no longer be arrested or face penalties for simple possession that follow them and affect their lives."

Virginia becomes the first southern state to enact a marijuana legalization bill.

The bill passed by the Virginia Assembly earlier in the month allows Virginian residents 21 and older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana.

Virginian residents will also be able to up to four cannabis plants so long as they are properly registered and documented with the resident's name, driver's license, and a note indicating the purpose of the plant. However, plant cannot be in public view.
Don't like that registration part.

I read that iniinitiative was shot down, will have to
Don't like that registration part.
I think that is basically putting a tag on the pot, not registering it with authorities. In my state you can grow 12 plants at one time. Have 2 1/2 ounces in your possession (as in your pocket), 10 ounces in your house. But for growers the actual amount you can have in your house is what you have grown, I had a pound from one photo plant two years ago. I used to keep trim also for making into cannaoil but likely won't bother using trim anymore.

In my state it is legal to gift anyone over 21, 2 1/2 ounces, also. I like to grow different strains searching for a high like I knew in the 1970's and 1980's. Still searching so I end up gifting most of what I grow now.

Virginia residents starting this summer will be able to legally possess marijuana, following Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam signing the bill into law.

"As of July first, 2021, who’s counting but 71 days from now, Virginia will no longer police adults for possessing small amounts of marijuana," Northam said Wednesday upon signing the bill into law, according to The Virginia Star. "What this really means is that people will no longer be arrested or face penalties for simple possession that follow them and affect their lives."

Virginia becomes the first southern state to enact a marijuana legalization bill.

The bill passed by the Virginia Assembly earlier in the month allows Virginian residents 21 and older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana.

Virginian residents will also be able to up to four cannabis plants so long as they are properly registered and documented with the resident's name, driver's license, and a note indicating the purpose of the plant. However, plant cannot be in public view.
Not any of their business!:grrr1:

Not any of their business!:grrr1:

Wholeheartedly agree, but excited to see this shift. If you told me ten (hell, or even five) years ago Virginia would be in the first half of the US to legalize, I'd have called you a liar. :smoking: Happy to be wrong, but they definitely rushed it through.

It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. The language regarding open containers and public possession are still defined from the original bill (when the intent was possession became legal at the same time as sales - in 3 years). So now there is a risk that anyone with any kind of container in a car might be targeted with driving under the influence charges. I recall reading one lawmaker advising people to keep stuff in a sealed container in their trunk just to be safe. Gonna be a rocky rollout I expect, but I'm still glad to see it happen. Gives me hope!

Wholeheartedly agree, but excited to see this shift. If you told me ten (hell, or even five) years ago Virginia would be in the first half of the US to legalize, I'd have called you a liar. :smoking: Happy to be wrong, but they definitely rushed it through.

It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. The language regarding open containers and public possession are still defined from the original bill (when the intent was possession became legal at the same time as sales - in 3 years). So now there is a risk that anyone with any kind of container in a car might be targeted with driving under the influence charges. I recall reading one lawmaker advising people to keep stuff in a sealed container in their trunk just to be safe. Gonna be a rocky rollout I expect, but I'm still glad to see it happen. Gives me hope!
At least it's a positive move!

Several Bills in the Texas legislature now. Everything from decriminalization to expansion of medical use.

Never done it before but this round I have been sending emails to my State Rep/Sen each step of the way!!!!!! I think we let em know there's more of us out here than they realize and we Vote!!!

Well the Texas Legislative session is over for another two years.

We made some progress. Several conditions have been added to the list for medical use. Hard to believe PTSD was not already approved, but it is now. Also included raising THC level for medical cannabis.

We also changed penalties for concentrate possession. It was a Felony for any concentrate possession regardless of amount. It is now a Class B misdemeanor with no threat of jail time.

Not allt but at least it's moving in the right direction.

Well the Texas Legislative session is over for another two years.

We made some progress. Several conditions have been added to the list for medical use. Hard to believe PTSD was not already approved, but it is now. Also included raising THC level for medical cannabis.

We also changed penalties for concentrate possession. It was a Felony for any concentrate possession regardless of amount. It is now a Class B misdemeanor with no threat of jail time.

Not allt but at least it's moving in the right direction.
Florida....we're still fvcked.

On the Federal level, the More Act that decriminalizes and declassifies cannabis all together has been reintroduced. It passed the house last time but was not taken up by the Senate.

Contact your US Reps and Senators amd let them know how you stand!!!!!

Back