Status
Not open for further replies.

Me too.

People forget that a lot of the big name and quality led makers in the industry today were built on Chinese LEDs.

It's a matter of being selective and using rigorous quality control.

Mass produced junk, is what it is, and you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got three boss led lights, two 840w with lense and a 600w all double chip. I have to say the plants thrive off them just a case of playing with the light heights a bit and when get it right the leaves almost instantly start reaching up

Plants can and do well in most conditions. The lack of side by side grows is what allows lower quality lights to be advertised so much. Gpw on epistsr and gpw on hps are very similar. Gpw on cobs vs epistsr is in huge favor of the cobs.

I'm looking to get one of these off eBay I want to keep the price around 125 or less. My fear is it will get way to hot or way to loud. I just need one to help out my small grow 2x2 curently I'm running a reflector 48 I just feel it may not be enough to finish the job alone. I'm thinking of adding the 400w Cobb that someone sugested a few pages back or I've found a really cheap one as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291847285646?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

For your budget that's about it. Unfortunately epistar LEDs don't do the best job at converting energy into light and you will notice a lot more heat. Something I do need to correct is not all cobs are created equal. Cob is not magical but quality cobs like citizen and Cree do an excellent job and run between 50-60% efficient. Chinese knock off cobs are really a waste of money. They don't do anything spectacular efficiency wise and tend to burn out very fast.

Hi, everyone, I'm new here and interested what you think about ready lights made of cxb3590 direct from china.
maybe someone could tell if anything like that is worth looking at as I am not diy guy and searching ready made light for 1.2m x 1.2m :

• Item Type: Grow Lights
  • Light Source: Fluorescent, LED
  • Input Voltage(V): 85~265Vac
  • Lamp Power(W): 600
  • Lamp Luminous Flux(lm): 78000
  • Lamp Luminous Efficiency(lm/w): 130
  • CRI (Ra>): 90
  • Color Temperature(CCT): Warm White
  • Working Temperature(℃): -20 - 40
  • Working Lifetime(Hour): 50000
  • IP Rating: IP55
  • Certification: BV, CCC, CE, ETL, RoHS, UL
  • Emitting Color: Warm White
  • Place of Origin: Guangdong, China (Mainland)
  • Model Number: CXB3590-X6
  • Par Value: 1525Umol
  • LED Qty: 100Wx6pcs
  • N/W.G/W: 15.3kg/17.5kg
  • LED chip: CREE CXB3590
  • Product size(mm): 550X550X70
  • Driver for fans: LPF-25D-12
  • Lamp Body Material: stainless iron
  • Driver for cob: Meanwell HLG-600H-36B
or 400w would be sufficient for 1.2x1.2?

Thanks

Hi, everyone, I'm new here and interested what you think about ready lights made of cxb3590 direct from china.
maybe someone could tell if anything like that is worth looking at as I am not diy guy and searching ready made light for 1.2m x 1.2m :

• Item Type: Grow Lights
  • Light Source: Fluorescent, LED
  • Input Voltage(V): 85~265Vac
  • Lamp Power(W): 600
  • Lamp Luminous Flux(lm): 78000
  • Lamp Luminous Efficiency(lm/w): 130
  • CRI (Ra>): 90
  • Color Temperature(CCT): Warm White
  • Working Temperature(℃): -20 - 40
  • Working Lifetime(Hour): 50000
  • IP Rating: IP55
  • Certification: BV, CCC, CE, ETL, RoHS, UL
  • Emitting Color: Warm White
  • Place of Origin: Guangdong, China (Mainland)
  • Model Number: CXB3590-X6
  • Par Value: 1525Umol
  • LED Qty: 100Wx6pcs
  • N/W.G/W: 15.3kg/17.5kg
  • LED chip: CREE CXB3590
  • Product size(mm): 550X550X70
  • Driver for fans: LPF-25D-12
  • Lamp Body Material: stainless iron
  • Driver for cob: Meanwell HLG-600H-36B
or 400w would be sufficient for 1.2x1.2?

Thanks
DIY isn't for everyone that's for sure. Do you have a link to the light or a photo? This sounds like a typical Chinese light. They list 3590 but not the individual LEDs themselves. Then to see them use a 16.7a driver is insane. 3590's driven at 1.4a equals 60% efficiency so adding 6 cobs in parallel puts the cobs alone at 2.8amps at 100w each. Running a driver this large in series can be catastrophic. If one cob blows you'll be in for one hell of a surprise seeing the amperage increase on the remaining cobs as they all blow.

http://swedishledgrowlights.com/page/123/

123 pages of grow lights you should never buy. Every one says it will outperform hps or is magically doubling its wattage since they use the cheapest LEDs and cobs available. They will grow but they are all full of garbage parts

Yes, got the link, just didn't want to make an ad for them, just type on Alibaba: CXB3590-X6 for full specs.
Running a driver this large in series can be catastrophic. If one cob blows you'll be in for one hell of a surprise seeing the amperage increase on the remaining cobs as they all blow.
Running a driver this large in series can be catastrophic. If one cob blows you'll be in for one hell of a surprise seeing the amperage increase on the remaining cobs as they all blow.

and that what I was concerned about the driver, as I am not into electrics at all and don't understand some features.

What about bcblondes lights from canada? they do not specify driver at all, just dropped them an email last night and waiting for specs, anyone heard about them or any other company in Europe selling good lights based on cxb3590 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back