Outdoor Latitude 56* Scotland guerrilla/ninja style

Hey guys n gals sorry to hear about that garden girl. Yeah definitely mice chewed off at base and as I said previously they are now netted over with fine green mesh, got rodent repellant spray around perimeter. A liter of my piss around them and also as last ditch, unbaited traps under the netting. I'm going back tomorrow so I'm gonna have a quick hair cut and will try the chilli powder also.

Well we seem to be getting more normal weather here, although it's still good growing conditions. Hopefully these have enough of a root system and sufficient leaves left to be able to put a decent bit of growth back on before they move fully into flowering. I guess that a couple of weeks will tell. All the best.

I've had some problems with these little F'rs this year in the garden. This one had a hair raising life event at the hand of the $2 trap. BTW they will go over any fence and chew threw any light mesh.
file-4.jpeg

I've had some problems with these little F'rs this year in the garden. This one had a hair raising life event at the hand of the $2 trap. BTW they will go over any fence and chew threw any light mesh.
View attachment 931382
Yeah IV noticed, I was there on Monday redoing my netting to try make it more secure and my Cinderella jack was like a lollypop with just the top 3 nodes left :( I feel there is little else I can do to prevent it so I'm just gonna have to shrug it off as nature and hope something survives. I'm going to go and see them in next day or so so will keep y'all posted.

That looks like slug and rabbit attacks. Possibly deer. Put down some pellets and and get some wire mesh cages up ASAP. Don't muck around with netting if you are in deer territory. It will be useless against a deer attack if it goes after your plants, especially the way you have set it up. You need wire mesh cages pal. You can get them for cheap at Homebase.

I can get away with netting because I am in the middle of a cornfield, and not much ventures in there, but you look like you are in the woods, or in an open area. If that was me, my plants would be caged with wire mesh. And if you are using netting, it needs to go around the perimeter of the planting area, with enough distance from the plants so deer can't reach over it and eat the plants. Something like this, which will deter any deer. The netting needs to be at least 3ft high as well. Judging by the damage you are taking, you need to go get some wire mesh to make cages, or re-think your netting idea.

large.IMG_8140.JPG.eb8f54831aec14db4dd9b5755286926e.jpg

That looks like slug and rabbit attacks. Possibly deer. Put down some pellets and and get some wire mesh cages up ASAP. Don't muck around with netting if you are in deer territory. It will be useless against a deer attack if it goes after your plants, especially the way you have set it up. You need wire mesh cages pal. You can get them for cheap at Homebase.

I can get away with netting because I am in the middle of a cornfield, and not much ventures in there, but you look like you are in the woods, or in an open area. If that was me, my plants would be caged with wire mesh. And if you are using netting, it needs to go around the perimeter of the planting area, with enough distance from the plants so deer can't reach over it and eat the plants. Something like this, which will deter any deer. The netting needs to be at least 3ft high as well. Judging by the damage you are taking, you need to go get some wire mesh to make cages, or re-think your netting idea.

View attachment 933173
if you read back I mention numerous times that the site is surrounded on all sides by 6ft deer fences so it definitely ain't deer. Kinda getting bored of saying this now. No new damage since last time so that's a plus. It could be rabbits but I doubt it. The small bit I am in is the only open grass within the fenced area the rest is treacherous rotten tree limbs, pine, and wild raspberries. If it was a rabbit eating it, it would have set off the trap and also pull up or dig under the netting which is staked into the ground. Also I have never seen a rabbit within 2miles of my grow. Also got perimeter of slug pellets and crushed egg shells and I don't believe slugs cut off stems like they've used scissors and then leave the nicely cut peices behind. I'm sorry if you all think it's everything bar mice but I believe my knowledge of site,area,damage and situation trumps ehat yous perceive from my photographs.

Also I dunno what deer are else where but up here in Scotland we use 6-7ft tall fences so I don't think a 3ft fence would protect anything wire or not. Hence my grows enclosed by Scottish deer fencing. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Back