Another night visit, 3 days since last visit.
There was only a little rain yesterday, not much.

The Jack Herer was a bit wilted, not terribly, but thirsty.
The Thai Gold, she's tough, for sure.

Gave them 3.5 L each, that's 1 gal, soaked until it was coming through the pots.
Hopefully that'll not just soak them, but also re-hydrate the polymer water "crystals".
The water in the pond was cooler tonight, hasn't been such a hot day -- only 35C!

The Thai Gold is budding up further.
She's got some sticky trichomes coming along.
Smell is -- marijuana smell!
Yeah, nothing special at the moment, but very nice and fresh.

The Jack Herer is forming up the top of the tips more.
Lower down, internode length is medium-long, and not much lower bud shape.
But I think up top she's about to thicken out her stem bud-structure now.
Still has some height to put on, too.
I'm more worried about her, because she needs more water,
or her medium isn't holding the water as well.
(On LBH site she's not listed as an outdoor plant, whereas Thai Gold definitely is.)

Good news, though, rain forecast for the next few days.
Saves me having to visit so much.
Though I'm managing to keep up with visits every 2-3 days, and it's working okay at this point.
Great news to hear SM about rain in the forestcast, will save you some visits. That is a good idea with larger pots next time maybe the girls would dry out less. Jack Herer she is more indoors, well she is doing pretty well considering. Thai Gold she sounds like a plant i would like to grow. I found it difficult to get just plain water crystals here, all got something added to them ferts etc. I look forward to some photos maybe video closer to the end

La Buena Hierba Selection

Late evening visit. Has been 9 days since photos, so hopefully you'll all see the development.
The mulch seems to be working.
Has been 3 days since last visit and watering, and not wilted.
Temps the usual high 30s C.

Give you all an idea of where they are, from about 20m away.
20200718 LBH Selections (1).jpg

The grass around is about 1m = 1 yd high, the taller reeds are much taller than I am.
To the right is a path then then crosses a small stream (now dried up, too hot!),
and in behind what you see here are the guerilla vegetable gardens, and my giant watering pond!
Another ... 40m = 130' behind that, is the main river.
The buildings in the background are on the other side of the river.

Round 3 -- Day 81 (Flowering Day 52) Thai Gold

More aroma and trichome development.
Still more yellowing leaves, esp on the West Tower (cola).
Taking her time, and still a few weeks away.

20200718 LBH Selections (4).jpg

20200718 LBH Selections (5).jpg

20200718 LBH Selections (6).jpg

20200718 LBH Selections (7).jpg

20200718 LBH Selections (8).jpg

20200718 LBH Selections (9).jpg

Maybe my phone camera lens is dirty, these aren't very clear, sorry!

Round 4 -- Day 52 (Flowering Day 15) Jack Herer

Slowly starting to form the shape of individual bud-nugs along the main stems.
She's hitting flowering harder now, like a good auto usually does.
Color and healthy pretty good.
Lower leaves some yellowing and blotches, not sure if Ca/Mg or something else. Must diagnose.

20200718 LBH Selections (2).jpg

20200718 LBH Selections (3).jpg

20200718 LBH Selections (10).jpg

20200718 LBH Selections (11).jpg

20200718 LBH Selections (12).jpg

Love & hugs,
~SM
:spels::spels::spels:

Attachments

• 20200718 LBH Selections (4).jpg
    20200718 LBH Selections (4).jpg
    802.7 KB · Views: 24
:dancer: :woohoo:The ladies are looking beautiful SM, and i really enjoyed reading the description of your grow site, i can now picture it all river homes other side of river, behind the girls is the garden of the old man and his veges and pond. They are nicely camouflaged there now i can see how well the girls blend in.

I am sucker for Sativas and love Thai Gold, her leaves are nice and thin. I can see the development of the bud/flower up the stem.

Jacky she must have a bit of Sativa in her , leaves are pretty narrow also, and great news she is hitting flower, the autos are great in that they dont need the 12/12 etc of the photos, I hope you can find whats wrong with her lower leaves but leasts it not all over her, as ive got.

:dancer: :woohoo:The ladies are looking beautiful SM, and i really enjoyed reading the description of your grow site, i can now picture it all river homes other side of river, behind the girls is the garden of the old man and his veges and pond. They are nicely camouflaged there now i can see how well the girls blend in.

I am sucker for Sativas and love Thai Gold, her leaves are nice and thin. I can see the development of the bud/flower up the stem.

Jacky she must have a bit of Sativa in her , leaves are pretty narrow also, and great news she is hitting flower, the autos are great in that they dont need the 12/12 etc of the photos, I hope you can find whats wrong with her lower leaves but leasts it not all over her, as ive got.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Last night a group of people were taking wedding photos (I think!!!) about 20 m from the site, near where I took that photo above.

Jack Herer is supposedly (Northern Lights X Skunk) X Haze, IIRC, so is sativa dominant, but not 100%.

The lower leaves... I think it's the combination of small pot so few nutrient resources, plus the heavy acidic rains early on, and not quite being able to correct the pH issue, because sometimes acidic rains and sometimes just pond water.

More rain yesterday and today, about 25mm = 1" each time, which is about enough for a day, I calculate.
Maybe no rain for the next few days, and then rain again end of the week.

May try to give the Thai Gold in particular some nutrients, last hit of PK and Ca/Mg.
Even without it, she'll still finish off okay I think, just a matter of quality and yield.
The Jacqui is still quite healthy, nice deep green, though a bit of Ca def maybe lower down.

Plants looking good sis. Looks like you are meeting the OD challenges well. Hope you get a nice long finishing season for them! :pass:

Thanks @Jraven
Thanks for sharing your water adventures in your thread, too.
Looks beautiful, but too cold for me!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Last night a group of people were taking wedding photos (I think!!!) about 20 m from the site, near where I took that photo above.

Jack Herer is supposedly (Northern Lights X Skunk) X Haze, IIRC, so is sativa dominant, but not 100%.

The lower leaves... I think it's the combination of small pot so few nutrient resources, plus the heavy acidic rains early on, and not quite being able to correct the pH issue, because sometimes acidic rains and sometimes just pond water.

More rain yesterday and today, about 25mm = 1" each time, which is about enough for a day, I calculate.
Maybe no rain for the next few days, and then rain again end of the week.

May try to give the Thai Gold in particular some nutrients, last hit of PK and Ca/Mg.
Even without it, she'll still finish off okay I think, just a matter of quality and yield.
The Jacqui is still quite healthy, nice deep green, though a bit of Ca def maybe lower down.
De nada :d5: it might be possible we could be finishing around the same time. I take it the people maybe stopped on the footpath and talked maybe, lol my first guerilla site was about 10 metres from road so heard all the cars and people talking, but sadly that idea is gone now.

Jacker Herer won the Nimbin Cup in 2018. Nice genetics as is the Thai Gold. Actually we got a rainy week so last of the fine days, so will be under lights most of the time, i bought more in.

Yes, maybe its pot size, same issue with mine, big plant small pot, and then the rain for sure with your lower leaves. I am the same rather quality over yield but would not a want a low yield though due to issues either.

Shiva's Mistress Outdoor Grow Battle Update (and Battle Code)

Finally got to the plants with my Battle Code card!
Has been a bit of rain lately, so they weren't too thirsty.
Still, decided to hit them with a little Peters 5-11-24 + TE.
I just took in a teaspoon of the powdered nutes,
dropped into their water bottles on site, shake and apply.
The Thai Gold in particular needs it, Jack Herer is doing well still.

Day 84 (Flowering Day 55) La Buena Hierba: Thai Gold Photo

20100721 LBH Selection (1).jpg

She's really starting to thicken up nicely.
Still needs ... 2-3 more weeks, though.

Day 55 (Flowering Day 18) La Buena Hierba: Jack Herer Auto

20100721 LBH Selection (2).jpg

Those long colas are starting to take shape, with double bud-lets running all along the long stems.
Stretch has totally slowed down, almost reached her full height, about 100 cm = 39" tall.

Love & hugs to my AFN Outdoor Crew
~SM
:love:

Last edited:
Wednesday had some nice weather again, fairly sunny.
Thursday morning good, then some heavy rain, maybe 25-40mm = 1"-1.5".
That amount is usually enough for 1-2 days.
Tomorrow more sun expected.
May visit again on Saturday or Sunday to water if no more rain before then.

Back