I think I need to mulch.
The tops of the soil/ pots, and also around the pot walls.
(This may also help cover the otherwise white pots from peoples' eyes...)
I used cloth pots, thinking of heavy rains.
But now rainfall is lower and temps high, and they dry very fast.
Recently the grass around has been mowed, lots of grass clippings around.
Perfect!

May try to take a better camera one day, as the buds ripen.
Get some higher quality pics for you all.
Maybe some video.... :yay:

hey SM :pass:
Round 3

Haha actually yes they are different the twin colas. That what happened with the Nim seed , gave one plant i was used to on the street weed and then a slightly different plant, sadly plant A is dying, but B should be able to reveg.

Lovely lemony scents on plants, sounds like Thai Gold is going to be beautiful smoke She looking great and happy

Round 4
Poor Jacky,maybe so so this time you have soaked her well. Awesome she is hitting flowering hard. Save you bringing mulch, the dried grass would help the girls retain some of that moisture. Fulvic acid picked up Liberty Haze who was wilting is really great stuff.

Video would be awesome , as its like being live and seeing the plants moving around in the breeze :woohoo:

Temps in the high 30s C, up to 38C or so.
Will continue for many days, and no rain forecast.
Have to get out there again, and it's weekend foot traffic...

Edit: later addition:

Added some more high PK fert pellets, kelp, dolomite, worm castings,
plus hand watered them both, about 1.5L each.
Then covered the top surface with grass clippings as mulch.
They've recently mowed the grass in this riverside area.
Just in time!

They need water every 2-3 days now... so many visits... not good!

Last edited:
Night visit. Better cover.

Still hot out there.
Day temps are up around 37C-38C.
No rain for a while now, just hand watering.
I can still get water from the nearby pond in the vege gardens.

The Thai Gold looking good.
Still a few lower leaves yellowing and falling off (or I remove them).
But up top, the buds are slowly thickening up.

The Jack Herer is a little bit droopy, the soil looser, but not bad.
Structure is getting there, still mainly paired nodes, not alternating.
Has a little bit more stretch to go, but not much, from the shape of the growing tips.

Gave them both about 1.5+ liters, slowly.

Hey SM :pass: That is hot, 37-38c, maybe see that once a year or every few. Summer days in the low 30s and humidy, actually feels worse than 38c and dry westerly. I take your temperatures as a dry heat.

Thats great Thai Gold is still doing her thing. I got yellow leaves but too soon, some other def, not sure with your Thai girl maybe just the elements out there.

Fulvic Acid that Hecno, Waira and GTG use, really picked up Liberty, so maybe that would be nice for your girls also like JackHerer . M did you manage to get your girls the grass?

Good idea with night also days there seem hot.

Hey SM :pass: That is hot, 37-38c, maybe see that once a year or every few. Summer days in the low 30s and humidy, actually feels worse than 38c and dry westerly. I take your temperatures as a dry heat.

Thats great Thai Gold is still doing her thing. I got yellow leaves but too soon, some other def, not sure with your Thai girl maybe just the elements out there.

Fulvic Acid that Hecno, Waira and GTG use, really picked up Liberty, so maybe that would be nice for your girls also like JackHerer . M did you manage to get your girls the grass?

Good idea with night also days there seem hot.

It's hot, and it's not dry hot, it's humid, though not as humid as when it rains hard.... then it's up to 80%- 95%, no joke.

I got some grass on the tops of the pots as mulch, seems to work a bit.
Maybe some rain coming today and next little while.
Otherwise it's all hand watering, and they need it often in this heat.

It's hot, and it's not dry hot, it's humid, though not as humid as when it rains hard.... then it's up to 80%- 95%, no joke.

I got some grass on the tops of the pots as mulch, seems to work a bit.
Maybe some rain coming today and next little while.
Otherwise it's all hand watering, and they need it often in this heat.
:whew: that would be hot with 80 -95% and with those temperatures. Already got the wetting agent, i just think its so hot, they take the water they need, mulch will keep their roots cooler. I actually put newspaper down with I did the rainforest some years back, but now i think of it, it could hold moisture but also stop moisture to the soil, unless shreaded maybe that would benefit. I wish the canna gods will send rain your way soon. I probably wont be making a thread, but i am considering a regen forest/ grow guerilla., but would share with friends the progress via pm.

Another night visit, 3 days since last visit.
There was only a little rain yesterday, not much.

The Jack Herer was a bit wilted, not terribly, but thirsty.
The Thai Gold, she's tough, for sure.

Gave them 3.5 L each, that's 1 gal, soaked until it was coming through the pots.
Hopefully that'll not just soak them, but also re-hydrate the polymer water "crystals".
The water in the pond was cooler tonight, hasn't been such a hot day -- only 35C!

The Thai Gold is budding up further.
She's got some sticky trichomes coming along.
Smell is -- marijuana smell!
Yeah, nothing special at the moment, but very nice and fresh.

The Jack Herer is forming up the top of the tips more.
Lower down, internode length is medium-long, and not much lower bud shape.
But I think up top she's about to thicken out her stem bud-structure now.
Still has some height to put on, too.
I'm more worried about her, because she needs more water,
or her medium isn't holding the water as well.
(On LBH site she's not listed as an outdoor plant, whereas Thai Gold definitely is.)

Good news, though, rain forecast for the next few days.
Saves me having to visit so much.
Though I'm managing to keep up with visits every 2-3 days, and it's working okay at this point.

Although small cloth pots are stealthier outdoors than plastic pots, they are problematic in that heat and wind on them greatly increases evaporation. You could pile more much on to help slow evap. Also, next grow consider putting a plastic growbag inside the cloth pot and the much on top, then you still have your stealth and reduce some evaporation.

And be careful!

:pass:

Another night visit, 3 days since last visit.
There was only a little rain yesterday, not much.

The Jack Herer was a bit wilted, not terribly, but thirsty.
The Thai Gold, she's tough, for sure.

Gave them 3.5 L each, that's 1 gal, soaked until it was coming through the pots.
Hopefully that'll not just soak them, but also re-hydrate the polymer water "crystals".
The water in the pond was cooler tonight, hasn't been such a hot day -- only 35C!

The Thai Gold is budding up further.
She's got some sticky trichomes coming along.
Smell is -- marijuana smell!
Yeah, nothing special at the moment, but very nice and fresh.

The Jack Herer is forming up the top of the tips more.
Lower down, internode length is medium-long, and not much lower bud shape.
But I think up top she's about to thicken out her stem bud-structure now.
Still has some height to put on, too.
I'm more worried about her, because she needs more water,
or her medium isn't holding the water as well.
(On LBH site she's not listed as an outdoor plant, whereas Thai Gold definitely is.)

Good news, though, rain forecast for the next few days.
Saves me having to visit so much.
Though I'm managing to keep up with visits every 2-3 days, and it's working okay at this point.

Although small cloth pots are stealthier outdoors than plastic pots, they are problematic in that heat and wind on them greatly increases evaporation. You could pile more much on to help slow evap. Also, next grow consider putting a plastic growbag inside the cloth pot and the much on top, then you still have your stealth and reduce some evaporation.

And be careful!

:pass:

Thanks for stopping by @pop22
How are your Mazar Kush ladies going?

The problem is, this year rainfall has been quite a bit lower than usual, and temperatures higher.
I thought to use the white cloth pots, because the white would not heat up like black, and they'd drain the heavy rainfalls we (usually) get.
June rainfall was less than it's ever been, by about half (on average).
July halfway through, and also shaping up to be quite a bit less than usual.
During summer, a good rainfall lasting just a couple of hours to a half day can easily be 100+mm.

I have thought of solutions.
Like a big pan underneath, to catch greater rain water that the roots can later draw from.
Burying halfway into the ground would be okay, but ... not so easy in that location.

In the future, if / when I grow here again:
Larger pots, maybe 10L at least, up to 15L or 20L, and try to bury them down a bit.
Maybe create some kind of drip / water catchment pan underneath.
Maybe not go for cloth pots, but some other kind.
Or use cloth pots but with another plastic layer to reduce direct exposure.

Some advantages though.
Lower rain and higher heat means lower RH, so less chance of the dreaded you-know-what.
And more sunshine hours without clouds each day is great too.

So overall result is not ideal, but they are still coming along.
Just requires more evening walks by the riverside........
And praying for more rain, hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!

Back