hey SM , That is great you are getting more heavy rain and the days have sunny patches. That will save you checking on the girls and you have them up to speed on their nutes She has a bit of indica on her Thai Gold. It would be fun to see, crossing sounds fun. I am down to try it lol. I like the idea of separating the male and doing certain buds in pollen. Its best to let air under the plants than too much leaves, i can see myself thinning and tucking leaves with this grow

La Buena Hierba Selection

Just past few days had about 75mm = 3" of rain.
But then last two days hot 36C and no rain.
So, time to visit, and maybe water.

Round 3 -- Day 67 (Flowering Day 38)

There is no question if this girl is flowering.
The bud set is there, I think most of the stretch is done.

Still fairly green, she is losing lower leaves though.
Doesn't look any the less healthy for it.

Here are the two towers:
20200704 LBH Selection (1).jpg

The older calyxes on the nodes are turning quite huge in size. Good sign!

The east tower:
20200704 LBH Selection (2).jpg

The west tower:
20200704 LBH Selection (3).jpg

Okay, looking at the photos, maybe she still has a little bit more stretch to come out.

Round 4 -- Day 38 (Flowering Day 1 ??)

The younger plant has finally thrown out a few pistils.
I'm calling it Flowering Day 1, but she took 5.5 weeks to get this far!

From the top:
20200704 LBH Selection (4).jpg

Four main tops, a couple of smaller tops as well.
Note the deeper green.
I think that this pot which started with the fine dolomite lime has looked better in terms of pH.

One of the nicer colas:
20200704 LBH Selection (5).jpg

Another:
20200704 LBH Selection (6).jpg

I think the stretch has been going for maybe a few days already.
More to come as there are still 9-pointer leaves coming out there.
Double take -- that leaf at the bottom of the last pic is 11-pointer!

She has a longer internodal distance than Rnd 3 girl.

Since she's just started flowering, how much longer?
Maybe 6-8+ weeks for an auto...??
That's definitely going into typhoon season, so still a long way to go on this plant.
The Rnd 3 plant has been flowering for over 5 weeks now.
She looks like she has at least another 4 weeks to go.
Also into the typhoon season.

Everything looking good, but still a long way from the finish line.

Last edited:
Hey SM,:d5: great news about Jack Herer, shes a girl. I think around that for autos 6- 8, always around week 12/3 when they need to be harvest. That;s bad about Typhoon season, hopefully you wont get any. Always the waiting, for them to finish. The ladies are looking beautiful, and i like the wild flowers even if they are weeds.

That's some good rain you had, and the sun and heat will give the ladies the energy they need to bloom:woohoo1:

Tonight is the test for the ladies here, first cold night it feels, maybe 3c or so at the vege garden.

Hey SM,:d5: great news about Jack Herer, shes a girl. I think around that for autos 6- 8, always around week 12/3 when they need to be harvest. That;s bad about Typhoon season, hopefully you wont get any. Always the waiting, for them to finish. The ladies are looking beautiful, and i like the wild flowers even if they are weeds.

That's some good rain you had, and the sun and heat will give the ladies the energy they need to bloom:woohoo1:

Tonight is the test for the ladies here, first cold night it feels, maybe 3c or so at the vege garden.

Thanks!

We're both facing the challenges of summer heat and winter cold.
The summers here are still much better than up in the mountains where I was a few years ago.
More sun here, though higher temps, but better than so much cloud and mist and rain for flowering.

Thanks!

We're both facing the challenges of summer heat and winter cold.
The summers here are still much better than up in the mountains where I was a few years ago.
More sun here, though higher temps, but better than so much cloud and mist and rain for flowering.
Yes that is true as your summers are much like mine can be wet and humid or my case, recently years dryer and still hot at times. I think growing in Springbrook would be different from home, even summer it can be cool there. I do love the mountains. Sounds lovely where you used to live SM in the mountains, and geeze it would have been wet there. Example Mt Warning here , just over the board is named Cloud Catcher, as the clouds stick around the mountains, but it would have been ncie there today so clear no cloud in sight. i forgot to post another picture from the cool temperate rainforest, i ventured off path and just walked through the rainforest with my brothers. I would say a greenhouse outdoors like a glass one if I lived at Springbrook.

La Buena Hierba Selection

So much for not visiting too often.
Managed to get out and give them a good slow soaking, about 1.5 L each.
The soil/coco on top of the Thai Gold is hard, takes a slow little bit at a time to absorb.
The soil/coco on the Jack is much looser, easily goes down.
I filled my water bottles from a large pond at one of the nearby guerilla vegetable gardens.
That farmer must have a couple of metric ton of water in that pond, it's huge!!
After soaking, I refilled the bottles and left them on site, easier for the next watering.

Round 3 -- Day 69 (Flowering Day 40)

20200706 LBH Selection (3).jpg

The Two Towers!
The same plant, but funny how the (left) West Tower is more yellow with red petioles, and (right) East Tower is healthier, greener, and taller.
The East Tower is up to about 100 cm = 40" tall, West Tower maybe 90 cm = 36".
Not bad considering she was topped once.
The flowering portion of these two big colas is maybe 30cm-40cm = 12"-16" long.

The West Tower:
20200706 LBH Selection (5).jpg

Building up there nicely.
Stretch is pretty much finished, maybe just a few cm to go.
You can just see some trichome development on the inner leaves and those huge calyxes.
Scent is starting, just, fresh and a little lemon (??).

The East Tower:
20200706 LBH Selection (4).jpg

Looks like another pheno, huh?
She's a bit more open, taller, but also finished her stretch / bud set.

Really getting excited to see how this lady is going to finish up!

Round 4 -- Day 40 (Flowering Day 3)

Not the best photo, but you can just how much her branches want to grow straight up!
I move her about 90 degrees to get the bigger branches into the south side.
She's maybe about 80 cm = 32" tall now, that's after topping twice, and only now just hitting her stretch!
20200706 LBH Selection (1).jpg

Definitely more pistils coming out now, and she's just started to move to staggered rather than alternate branching.
She's managed some good size. Like I said, about 80cm tall, and maybe 50-60cm across.
20200706 LBH Selection (2).jpg

I'm loving the color on this girl. You can see a tiny bit of yellow and maybe Ca def below, but not much at all.
So this means that I have the coco/soil/amendments mix in the right place.
Compared to the Thai Gold, which went far more yellow, genetics aside, the Thai did not get the dolomite lime.
That affected both the pH and also the Ca/Mg levels.
Am definitely keeping this dolomite lime in my medium in future.

Let's see how quickly she can get through her bud set, and into that bulking up stage.
She has the strong health there, good amount of leaf matter to photosynthesize.
Really looking forward to how these 4 main colas plus couple of smaller colas turn into flowering spears of ganja!

Love and hugs,
~M
:love:

They are doing great there M :woohoo1: ThaiGold is beautiful with her twin towers, she is rather tall at 1metre, and with 2 colas 30.40cm, that should be a nice harvest. I lke the farmer how he has a guerilla garden,, sounds like his pound is handy to get water from. Dolamite sounds a great product to use.

Sounds like Jack Herer girl is going to be quite a producer with her 4 colas you created and then a few smaller colas. I will stick to the same cropping procedure, i waited a bit long to crop but turned out rather nice. She is the most healthiest of the girls, thanks for helping my thread also:cheers: with the lighting.

They are doing great there M :woohoo1: ThaiGold is beautiful with her twin towers, she is rather tall at 1metre, and with 2 colas 30.40cm, that should be a nice harvest. I lke the farmer how he has a guerilla garden,, sounds like his pound is handy to get water from. Dolamite sounds a great product to use.

Sounds like Jack Herer girl is going to be quite a producer with her 4 colas you created and then a few smaller colas. I will stick to the same cropping procedure, i waited a bit long to crop but turned out rather nice. She is the most healthiest of the girls, thanks for helping my thread also:cheers: with the lighting.

Thanks for the support, Smokey!

Your plants, especially those Hazes, are going to be amazing!

I'd like to ask some of the organic gurus, @Waira , @hecno and others
for any pointers near the end of the organic outdoor flowering cycle.

I know the usual basics, the high PK ferts, keeping RH low (what can I do outdoors??).
But any other last pointers for that Thai Gold (and the Jack a month from now).

Do I need to change the pH up at all (extra dolomite)? Or down?
What about deliberate dry phases? At the moment, rainfall isn't enough, have been hand watering, but could stop.
Anything for the terps? I don't have molasses, but what about ... honey? sugar? How much and how to use?
Anything else?

I'd like to ask some of the organic gurus, @Waira , @hecno and others
for any pointers near the end of the organic outdoor flowering cycle.

I know the usual basics, the high PK ferts, keeping RH low (what can I do outdoors??).
But any other last pointers for that Thai Gold (and the Jack a month from now).

Do I need to change the pH up at all (extra dolomite)? Or down?
What about deliberate dry phases? At the moment, rainfall isn't enough, have been hand watering, but could stop.
Anything for the terps? I don't have molasses, but what about ... honey? sugar? How much and how to use?
Anything else?
Try making Fermented Fruit Juice for flowering PK and enzyme boost. I'll be using it this round so can't speak from experience though. It can be ready as soon as a week or so and is cheap to make. Google it under Korean Natural Farming. Having access to papaya, bananas and pumpkins should be easy enough in your area.

I also purchased some organic sea salt. Around 1g per liter to be used towards the end of flower for minerals. This supposedly increases terps.

Just for your reference. You can read up on it and decide if its suitable for your needs?

Back