Will see again tomorrow. Traffic, and other things.

Not on a balcony, so no problem, no need to hide her.

Yeah, the weather is good.
Rains hard for a bit, then good sun, or some some and a bit of cloud.
Just got to make sure I don't get hit with a typhoon...........

I'm impressed with your winter work.
I guess Queensland is okay for all year outdoor growing, if you can manage it right.
Hi SM :pass:
Nice thats good she can have a window spot in the sun without the worry of rain on her. I do hope she can get her sun

The typhoon risk is in summer like here is the peak season up north, we dont get them here , more tropical low depressions which can still pack a bit of wind and flooding rain. The valley is safe from violent thunderstorms as the ranges protect me here. but as happened the first even grow December 2018, we got hit with a storm from the north, and took out power for 4 days, in my suburb it was hit hard trees down in places, only lost a few branches from that, but was the worst here for sometime.

Year around growing even in South Eastern Queensland, though the mornings can be chilly , extreme would be 0c, mostly above or near 5c the coldest mornings, but the girls go under cover so they would not experience that... lol the little auto seeds another popped up in the vege garden yesterday. Thank you SM, i sure hope i can keep up the good work, i'll try not to jinx it lol

La Buena Hierba Selection -- Round 3 -- Day 47 (Flowering Day 16?)

Went in to check out the outdoor plants today.
Very hot. Not many people. But very hot. It's like 37C or something.

The Rnd 4 plants are no more. Looks like totally eaten by bugs.

But the Rnd 3 lady is still there, looking tall in the sun.
The grasses are also growing tall, so her head doesn't stand out, but she's getting tall.

20200616 LBH Selection Rnd 3 (1).jpg

Looks like two plants!

20200616 LBH Selection Rnd 3 (2).jpg

And
20200616 LBH Selection Rnd 3 (3).jpg

I'm thinking, this strain must be the Thai Gold.
This is acting like a sativa dominant photo plant.
Her branching structure looks a lot like the bud structure of the pics on the LBH site, too.

She starting flowering at 12 days after going outside.
But I am not sure if she wants to go full flower, or since the daylight hours are still increasing, does she want to veg??

LBH site says about the Thai Gold:
  • Outdoor harvest: September
  • Flowering time: 8/9 weeks
This should kind of mean that outside, she starting flowering end of July or start of August.
That is, end of July or start of August + 8/9 weeks, gets to the very end of September.

Amsterdam / Netherlands, August 1, has 13.5 hrs of daylight, longer if we include twilight.
Which is a fraction less than what I have now.
Any thoughts, @Waira @Ribbzzy @FTF_damien50 @SOOTDAWG or other sativa growers?

So she is probably caught between wanting to flower and wanting to veg.
I hope she goes full flower soon.
Otherwise, she's going to be a big plant in a 7L = 2 gal bag.

Other than this, she looks very healthy.
The weather has been good for her, and the soil amendments seem to be working well.
I will still need to keep an eye on her water levels.
Bigger plants need more water, but her pot is only so big.

If I can keep it all together, may get a good harvest.
But still a long way to go, especially this veg/flower issue.

If her Thai side is dominant she could take a LONG time to flower. It may be also that because of the Thai genes, they start slowly then accelerate at a later time. I'm curious to see what she ends up doing.

The grasses are also growing tall, so her head doesn't stand out, but she's getting tall.

View attachment 1203003
Looks like two plants!

View attachment 1203006
And
View attachment 1203009

Her branching structure looks a lot like the bud structure of the pics on the LBH site, too.

But I am not sure if she wants to go full flower, or since the daylight hours are still increasing, does she want to veg??

This should kind of mean that outside, she starting flowering end of July or start of August.
That is, end of July or start of August + 8/9 weeks, gets to the very end of September.

Amsterdam / Netherlands, August 1, has 13.5 hrs of daylight, longer if we include twilight.

The weather has been good for her, and the soil amendments seem to be working well.

Okay, let's see what we can wring out of him.
Though he's not around much lately...

Nite nite Waira, you crazy grow monster you.

Gotta have at least some of his auto Hazes in that fem mix, right???
:eyebrows: I'm sure he'll catch up here soon, but elsewhere he mentioned the GG lines, early OD cultivars, auto's and some of the Haze crosses! In other words, a good chunk of the line-up! ...testing this year, next year likely released :headbang: - I am so stoked! The only issue I have with reg's is lack of space/resources to run them properly,... Frustrating to say the least! His SDH auto was ahead of it's time when he first released it, and so far as I've seen nothing but praise for his genetics...
Now I get to finally try them next year! Most seem tuned for that tough north EU climate, even the Haze x's,...speed, mold resistance...
Here's to the whole lot testing out very well! :goodluck: :wiz:

:doh: damn! The bugs got to that batch, huh?
That #3, how much light was she getting before going out? The small increase in daylight from now until Solstace isn't that big,... maybe she'll hold that stretch period a bit longer, but only LBH can get a proper read on all this,.... much depends on who exactly she is, right?

If her Thai side is dominant she could take a LONG time to flower. It may be also that because of the Thai genes, they start slowly then accelerate at a later time. I'm curious to see what she ends up doing.

She is rated at 8-9 weeks, due to the Guerilla Gold influence on the Thai.
Her branching structure... I think she is flowering, just going to take her time and stretch out a fair amount.
I'm very curious too!!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, @Waira !

:eyebrows: I'm sure he'll catch up here soon, but elsewhere he mentioned the GG lines, early OD cultivars, auto's and some of the Haze crosses! In other words, a good chunk of the line-up! ...testing this year, next year likely released :headbang: - I am so stoked! The only issue I have with reg's is lack of space/resources to run them properly,... Frustrating to say the least! His SDH auto was ahead of it's time when he first released it, and so far as I've seen nothing but praise for his genetics...
Now I get to finally try them next year! Most seem tuned for that tough north EU climate, even the Haze x's,...speed, mold resistance...
Here's to the whole lot testing out very well! :goodluck: :wiz:

That's good news! Fast, mold resistant haze/sativas, sounds perfect!
Even here, while the temps are fine for long flowering plants, faster plants are more discrete and less chance of discovery or typhoon damage.

Will AFN have the honors of doing some testing???
(Why do you think I'm journaling all this?? I want first dibs!!!!)

:doh: damn! The bugs got to that batch, huh?

I think so. Most likely snails. Have giant snails here!!!! Probably out during those heavy rains...

That #3, how much light was she getting before going out? The small increase in daylight from now until Solstace isn't that big,... maybe she'll hold that stretch period a bit longer, but only LBH can get a proper read on all this,.... much depends on who exactly she is, right?

She was getting about 15-16 hrs/day before going out.
No strict timer. Actually, a bit of natural light up to about 9-10AM, then I hit the lights on, and turn them off around 1AM.
For purposes of signalling flowering, 15-16 hrs.

Good point. When she went outside, it was already almost 13.5 hrs, now peaking at a little bit more than 13.5 hrs.
So maybe it's just a long slow start, she puts out those stretching branches, builds a frame first.

I am now very, very confident that this is the Thai Gold Photo.
The earlier harvested plant, and the one I just put outside today (will post below) must be the Jack Herer Auto.

La Buena Hierba Selection -- Round 4 -- Day 23

OMG... finally had an opportunity to put this girl (hoping!) outside today.

Took her out of the indoor grow space for a photo or two first (not the best lighting).
And gave her another topping, since she's not shown sex yet and is growing so strongly.
Topped the two two branches at the 3rd node.
Those two branches were already showing good side growth.
So should give 4 tops from them, plus the set of branches below the top two should come about even, total of 6.
Of course, outdoors, who knows how many will become strong tops.
But this will make her more of a bush at least, and she hasn't hit her flowering stretch bud-set yet, maybe another week, plus 2-3 weeks stretch.

20200617 LBH Selections (1).jpg

You can see it's just a mass of growing tops in there!!

20200617 LBH Selections (2).jpg

One of the healthiest plants I have grown, to be honest.
Lush, strong. Good genetics, and I think I've found the good soil/coco mix, too.

20200617 LBH Selections (3).jpg

Bundled her into a big bag, and took her for a little journey to her new home.
20200617 LBH Selections (4).jpg

A little bit battered by the journey, but otherwise fine.

In the end, I put her quite close to the bigger Round 3 lady.
It will just make it easier to tend to.
And also the location is more secure / less visible, which helps access.

Speaking of which, another shot of the older girl, from a different angle:
20200617 LBH Selections (5).jpg

Love and hugs,
~MJS
:love:

View attachment 1203003
Looks like two plants!

View attachment 1203006
And
View attachment 1203009

She looks gorgeous. Ugh wish I could be of assistance, my Orient Express x Nepal Jam pheno started flowering under 18/6 and I'm stumped.

She is a beauty your girl M :pass:, and agree with you, one of the nicest. The fields look so nice where they go outdoors, good site for good sun, and tall grasses act as shield, so sorry to hear the loss of one from insects. Make sure the good girl is not in that area, i guess thats the problem with outdoor grows, always the weather or bugs to deal with,. I wish i could help with the sativas, mine not sure of the strain mix, flowering end of Feb to about mid May, if La Buena says about 8-9 weeks that should be about that, unless that is indoor times, i would be think about 2 months give or take.

She looks gorgeous. Ugh wish I could be of assistance, my Orient Express x Nepal Jam pheno started flowering under 18/6 and I'm stumped.

Thanks. I just saw that your OExNJ was doing that.
Sativas....
Your plants are looking nice and healthy right now.

Back