Old Reviews KIS Organics water only soil

there are no pre bagged super soils.there is only pre bagged blended mixes. youll have to add to it and built it up some in order for it to be a fully living (super soil) mix..thats just how it is.a living mix isnt in a dormant state and will have to be rebuilt or shocked back to life as it were,once ya get it..easily doable but again its not a living bagged mix if thats what your thinking.
yes there is 3 companys that have pre bagged super soil. i used one this year in my guerilla grow and only watered till harvest and my ladys did awesome. the one i used is build-a-soil's living soil mix below. but also coast of main has a super soil that is set up for cannabis growers and kis organics has one as well.im gonna be trying kis and coast of maine this year to compare to build a soils living soil.

1/2 Part Worm Power

1/2 Part Oly Mountain Fish Compost

1 Part Sphagnum Peat Moss

2/3 Part Pumice

1/3 Part Rice Hulls

Now with 5% Pre-Charged Colorado Bio Char!!

Nutrients included in the soil:
Acadian Kelp Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot

Neem Cake @ 1/2 cup per cubic foot

Crustacean Meal @ 1/2 cup per cubic foot

Brix Blend Basalt @ 2 Cups Per Cubic Foot

Gypsum Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Oyster Flour @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

here is kis organics super soil:
Ingredients:

Alaska Peat Moss, Oly Mountain Fish Compost, Earthworm Castings, Volcanic Pumice, KIS Organics Microbe Catalyst, Gaia Green Canadian Glacial Rock Dust, Cascade Minerals Basalt, Calphos Soft Rock Phosphate, Pacific Pearl Oyster Shell Powder, Organic Alfalfa Meal, Organic Fish Bone Meal, Organic Crustacean Meal, Acadian Kelp Meal (ascophyllum nodosum), Ahimsa Organics Neem Cake, Ahimsa Organics Karanja Cake, Organic Fish Meal, Organic Feather Meal, Organic Steamed Bone Meal, Natural Calcite, Ag Lime, Mycorrhiza*, and Benefical Microbes.

And here is Coast of Maine's called Stonington blend:

Stonington Blend™ is designed with cannabis growers in mind. Rich in nutrients and formulated with amendments known to boost budding, blooming and root development, Stonington Blend™ is enough to feed a single cannabis plant through a full grow cycle in a 15 gallon pot.

Stonington Blend™ is carefully formulated from natural ingredients to provide an ideal balance between water retention, soil texture, drainage and aeration in a consistent growing medium. 

Stonington Ingredients:

Mycorrhizal Fungi
Mycorrhiza are naturally occurring fungi in the soil. They form symbiotic relationships with plant roots and allow plants to draw more nutrients and water from the soil. They also increase plant tolerance to different environmental stresses, and stimulate microbial activity in the soil.
Kelp Meal
Kelp absorbs nutrients from the ocean and contains many minerals and trace elements. It also contains natural compounds that increase stress tolerance and typically promote root growth.
Fish Bone Meal:
Fish Bone Meal provides a wonderful source of organic phosphorous and calcium, essential nutrients for healthy roots, buds and blooms.
Lobster Compost:
An organic, living compost that’s naturally rich in amino acids, calcium and chitin – a naturally occurring polymer contained in lobster shells.
Alfalfa Meal:
Microorganisms in the soil love alfalfa because of the protein, amino acids, fiber and sugars it contains. Alfalfa stimulates plant growth, controls harmful nematodes, and provides drought resistance.
Worm Castings:
Worm castings are a slow release organic fertilizer. They also contain enzymes and other metabolites.
Perlite:
The porous surface of perlite provides room for air and water, boosting root aeration which allows for healthy root development.
Dehydrated Hen Manure:
An organic source of plant ready nutrition, providing just enough nitrogen for vegetative growth without over-fertilizing.
Coir:
Coir is a great natural wetting agent, allowing you to water less – which decreases runoff and nutrient leaching.

yeah,people come out with soils all the time these days LOL! still lacks one thing imo,but yet three of those are very redundant items imo also.and since Im guess its a photo bagged soil? but 1/3 part tells me nothing.that a 1 CF bag or larger?sooo exacting things need to be done to that bag for my tatses but Im sure it works great it doesnt burn the crap outta autos lol.

Was bouncing about as per usual and ran across this.ive seen it before but not sure if it was here or other walk abouts lol but looks like a nice soil. anyone ever use it??experiences? :smoke:

http://www.kisfarm.com/shop-2/classes/organic-soil-mix/

[h=2]Product Description[/h]Please visit www.kisorganics.com to view our full product line or visit us in the store for more options.
KIS Organic Soil Mix is a revolutionary water-only soil mix for all container and raised bed plants. Ingredients are 100% organic and natural (minerals). No need to worry about burning your plants either, just plant and water until harvest! Get rid of all your bottled nutrients, and forget about confusing and expensive trips to the hydro shop or garden center. This soil mix has all the beneficial biology, nutrients, and minerals your plant needs to be happy and healthy for up to 6 months. Comprised of Alaskan Peat Moss, Oly Mountain Fish Compost, and medium and large pumice, it will allow for adequate drainage and aeration and just requires periodic watering (no nutrients needed).
Advantages of our soil mix:
1. We use lab and microscope tested compost and peat to ensure good biological activity.
2. We inoculate our soil mix with additional microorganisms to further increase microbial life and nutrient cycling.
3. No risk of burning your plant, just plant and go!
4. No need for further nutrients or fertilizer, saving you tons of money! (though please contact us if you would like an advanced schedule to fully maximize plant growth with some minimal plant specific inputs)
5. 100% natural and organic ingredients, no synthetic chemicals.
6. Can be re-used over and over again, with only small amendments between cycles.
7. Not packed until ordered so it stays fresh. Shipped in breathable bags for optimal aerobic airflow.
8. Can be used indoors or outdoors, though keep in mind that this soil is alive and there will be some insects and other small organisms in the soil. This is necessary to maintain a healthy soil food web and achieve proper nutrient cycling. You don’t want a sterile soil for organic gardening/growing!
9. Due to high shipping costs, we now also offer our nutrient pack and also our mineral mix for making your own soil. See the related products below for more information.
Ingredients:
Alaska Peat Moss, KIS Microbe Catalyst, Volcanic Pumice, Gaia Green Canadian Glacial Rock Dust, Cascade Minerals Basalt, Calphos Soft Rock Phosphate, Pacific Pearl Oyster Shell Powder, Organic Alfalfa Meal, Organic Fish Bone Meal, Organic Crustacean Meal, Acadian Kelp Meal, Ahimsa Organics Neem Cake, Organic Fish Meal, Organic Feather Meal, Organic Steamed Bone Meal, Natural Calcite, Ag Lime, Mycorrhiza*, and Benefical Microbes.
*Not to be considered as a full mycorrhizal application, a separate inoculation of the proper mycorrhiza is recommended, depending on your plant.
hey eyes dude have you learned more about this soil yet??? it sounds fooking amazing! whatcha think about it for autos? have ya learned anything bout it yet?

The problem is OMRI ( Organic Materials Review Board ). To become a certified organic product, or to even be an organic farm is very expensive and very difficult. I have friends that grow garlic and certification for their little farm would have cost about $50,000, PLUS they had to prove that no non-organic anything was put on or in the soil for 7 years! And that's just the beginning! And guess who's on the board of OMRI?
Monsanto!

I feel organics as a whole in this country is a big unknown amongst the general public. Even non canna, the products available for organic gardening are very thin. When ever I go to a garden centre or hydro store, no one has the first clue about organic products, never mind stock any. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is. I went to a garden centre in this town a few weeks ago, this place has been here for almost 50 years, real old school boys run it, my Grandpa used to go there when he was alive. I told them I'm looking for organic products as I'm growing veg and the like, they basically said "why would you want to grow organic, it's too expensive" then in a sarcastic tone "ooooh because it tastes better?" and laughed.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with import/export issues. Saying that, Biobizz are a Dutch company and their soil is available all over the world....hmmmm.:dunno:

Not really man, just as most are too hot for autos and its a photo strength as well as it doesnt buffer as nicely or as smoothly since its really not actively inoculatedbut if dumbed down or layer properly id imagine it'll do alright with a tea r two. but nope aint heard anything different .sorry

The KIS soil blend sounds pretty decent. I like that there's several different sources of calcium in there, just surprised that the K element seems low. (2.5-3.5-1.0).

You can buy a 14 lb. bag of the nute component itself, and then mix with your own peat/perlite or whatever. Can be run several times with minimal additions--DIY may be cheaper and more customizable, but it's not a bad value for what it is, and compared to the cost of bottled nutes in most cases.

They recommend mixing it outside with some water for a couple weeks to activate it; it's obviously not fully alive out of the box, as noted already in the thread.

For autos, I'd imagine you can use even less than the standard recs.

I might just give it a whirl since nobody else has, maybe mix it into some Pro-Mix HP and see what it does. I mostly grow for fun anyway.

:smokeout:

Have any of you guys in this thread tried Age Old Organics I have been using there dry stuff for years and have just about all there water based nutrients as well very good product just wondering if anyone else has used it. I love it works amazing well. The Dry Kelp is a great inoculate and fruit finish swells them up nicely. Check them out can't go wrong

Age Old has been around for a long time, it would be cool to hear from other people here if they're using their products with autos. I'm going to try the KIS soil nutrient pack with some pro-mix, want it for the vegetable garden as well. Also, the Black Owl bio-char sounds like a good amendment, it helps store water and nutrients and also benefits the microherd, it also raises the potassium element availability in the mix. I'd end up with too much if I tried to buy components separately.

Age Old has been around for a long time, it would be cool to hear from other people here if they're using their products with autos. I'm going to try the KIS soil nutrient pack with some pro-mix, want it for the vegetable garden as well. Also, the Black Owl bio-char sounds like a good amendment, it helps store water and nutrients and also benefits the microherd, it also raises the potassium element availability in the mix. I'd end up with too much if I tried to buy components separately.

I have been using there dry line for a long time on autos and have had amazing results I treat the soil 3 weeks prior to planting and top dress them as needed throughout the grow cycle. They make excellent teas as well there Web site has a lot of great info. This pic is of a cross I made and used age old dry nutrients only strongest auto I've grown so far.
20160127_210327.jpg

Back