I have a bag of greenlite from roots that i wanted to use but it has guano in it. Will it be too hot to use with the kind soil? I have a part of a bag of biobizz light mix too. I just got my kind soil and was going to be filling up two 3 gallon pots tonight.

Welcome to AFN @Kindsoil, happy to have you here and thank you for the opportunity to use your supersoil!

I had a few questions for you; do you think this would be safe/advisable to use in an application like Autopots?

autopot-web.jpg

The idea was to test it out to see if it could be a more "set it and forget" type system.

Second question I had is that I've been growing in primarily coco now for many months; how feasible would it be to start a plant in a pot with Kind Soil using coco as the filler medium? My concern is that I typically feed from day 1 with my coco plants, but if you are not supposed to add feed/nutrients to the Kind Soil mix, what would you suggest for such a setup? A fellow grower suggested a light starter mix in the top layer to give the plant the initial nutrients it needs for the taproot to reach the bottom/kind soil layer. Would you concur with that statement? Would love some advice on it!

Tentatively would like to run two 4 gallon autopots with the Kind Soil, but if it's not recommended for this application I have no problem using my fabric pots.

Appreciate the help and consideration, will be germinating beans shortly and helping to get this show on the road!

Welcome to AFN @Kindsoil, happy to have you here and thank you for the opportunity to use your supersoil!

I had a few questions for you; do you think this would be safe/advisable to use in an application like Autopots?

autopot-web.jpg

The idea was to test it out to see if it could be a more "set it and forget" type system.

Second question I had is that I've been growing in primarily coco now for many months; how feasible would it be to start a plant in a pot with Kind Soil using coco as the filler medium? My concern is that I typically feed from day 1 with my coco plants, but if you are not supposed to add feed/nutrients to the Kind Soil mix, what would you suggest for such a setup? A fellow grower suggested a light starter mix in the top layer to give the plant the initial nutrients it needs for the taproot to reach the bottom/kind soil layer. Would you concur with that statement? Would love some advice on it!

Tentatively would like to run two 4 gallon autopots with the Kind Soil, but if it's not recommended for this application I have no problem using my fabric pots.

Appreciate the help and consideration, will be germinating beans shortly and helping to get this show on the road!
Not sure if this will help you or not....
http://www.kindsoil.com/seed-starting.html

Say for example for our autos, would something like 2lbs kind soil for a 5gal pot and the rest roots organics original to accommodate for autos taking less time and using less nutrients....

I was wondering the same thing myself. I did find the following in the information page:

Q: Can the system be used for auto flowers?

A: Absolutely yes, you will still follow the 1lb. per gallon of grow space rule. The only exception is if ou choose to run a 3 gallon pot, you can use 2lbs per 3 gallon. An auto-flower will not need more than 2 lbs. of kind soil in its life cycle.

I think it goes back to the chart in their main graphic on their front page that has the little chart:

kind_chart.jpg

Since 5 pounds should be enough for 2.5 months of veg, and since most autoflower strains will start to bloom after about 1.5 month I would think it's just not needed. I was planning on going with the 5lb for a 5 gallon pot when I try it out, but now I'm thinking I'll split a bag between two 5gal root trappers and go 2.5lb's each.

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing myself. I did find the following in the information page:

I think it goes back to the chart in their main graphic on their front page that has the little chart:

View attachment 564098

Since 5 pounds should be enough for 2.5 months of veg, and since most autoflower strains will start to bloom after about 1.5 month I would think it's just not needed. I was planning on going with the 5lb for a 5 gallon pot when I try it out, but now I'm thinking I'll split a bag between two 5gal root trappers and go 2.5lb's each.
awesome man thank you for linking that over here. @Ripper did u use three's or fives?

Back