Status
Not open for further replies.
but I feel like I'm over thinking it

Easily done mate! I'll just tell you how I use AC. So I have a tent which is in a room in a house. The AC doesn't sit in the tent it sits in the room which contains the tent. So it cools the air in the room and this cool air gets pulled into the tent by the intake fan, which cools the interior of the tent. As a by product of cooling the room, the AC has to vent hot air and this has to be expelled outside of the room - in my case through a window.

To be honest you don't really need AC to grow in the UK, but it can be useful once or twice during the Summer. If the worst comes to the worst you can switch the lights off for 24 hours. I run my lights 20/4 and make sure the four hours off is during the hottest part of the day (1200 - 1600).

So 2 things...1st ive already used all 3 things in the war lol, but it does beg the question of the microbes.
2nd, if i understand gnats, the larvae are what does all the damage to the roots. So even if the stickies catch the adults the damage has been done, and if the adults get any time to crawl around on the soil theyre laying their eggs in the soil.
Im thinking ya gotta break that cycle under the soil. Ive done the peroxide watering both top and bottom. Ill let that completely dry up and do another peroxide watering. In between im using the spray and stickies.
The plant is perking up but i can only imagine what was being done to the roots. This was a pretty bad infestation.

Yes, H2O2 kills everything dead, how far along are you in the grow? I'll add more once I know so I'm not talking your ear off...

Hey guys, got a security question here:

How effective is the police helicopter with detecting a grow? I got 2 600hps going, which is being exhausted out of a window. My setup is in an outside building. I ask this because the last 3-4 nights the helicopter has been circling over my local area, at roughly the same time each night, resulting in me having too go outside and turn the light off. Last night I had too leave the lights off all night because of the chopper.
The reason for the constant is because there has been an incident in my area and police are on the search for someone who is missing. I know they’re out for that but surely they’ll see my activity via their vision? I don’t know. Any tips/pointers are appreciated.

Ta

Sorry to hear the popo are worrying you, the helicopter, AFAIK, can be used to bust ops. However, the cost to run the choppers is large. If you have a small grow I doubt they will even bother, especially since they are on duty searching for a missing person.

However, if they are on a grow bust spree there could be a chance. You are running 1200 W of light, they are probably looking for a lit up room or bigger, like 10, 1000W HPS or the like.

I believe the tents help with the IR, but I'm not 100% sure. There are means to help with that but I have not looked into them in recent times.

Anything I have heard lately is mostly you gonna get busted by a snitch, so watch who knows, who sees etc.

Me being paranoid, if I were not legal I would keep things quiet until the chopper leaves the area. Can you leave the lights off or are your plants flowering?

@RivetGrrl the plant is in mid to end preflower at 35ish days. Its a northern cheese haze from mephisto, 2 gallon airpot knockoff, roots organic soil, greenleaf nutes.
The plant also just suffered a catastrophic accident and the main was accidentally topped. Its had a rough go lol.
So the question is do i have time to reestablish bennies or is it not worth it at this point in the grow?

I 100% agree with @RivetGrrl - the old bill in the chopper are going to be focused on more urgent matters than spotting weed grows. If you obey the 3 golden rules you will never be busted:
1. Don't smell
2. Don't sell
3. Don't tell

Peace
Very well said. Nobody is going to care about what you are doing until they know you are doing it.

Plus, most police forces in the UK are putting cannabis way down the list of their priorities (quite rightly so!). You'd have to be running a serious grow operation to get their attention and I truly believe most of us who grow for personal use are of no interest to the cops.

I haven't been around much the past few days. The air conditioning in my house has been broken, with indoor temps hitting 88+F. A combination of trying to make sure my plants don't melt, the exhaustive effects of the heat are really squelching my enthusiasm. Should be fixed tomorrow, hopefully.

Meanwhile, I just finished sealing and storing a dozen steaks and 6 boneless pork chops. All of 'em soaked in marinade for a solid 24 hours. Given how much of a bastard my back has been lately, I'm glad to be done with it. Feeling rather accomplished, really. Between what's already in the freezer and today's efforts, I'm all set for delicious sources of protein for about a month. Two batches of mac and cheese are on tomorrow's schedule. One for my dad.

The ladies are only a few weeks away from getting the axe. Meanwhile, I am enjoying this weird strain I found called "Wedding Cake."

Not gonna lie, a good part of why I have not been around is my mental state. Trying to kick the devil back into it's corner, as usual, but it's been tougher than usual lately.

So in summary, I am not dead, just a little sweaty and annoyed by the heat. I have plenty of food and weed. I'll be back more regularly when I am a bit less loony.

Love my fam here!

:pass::bighug::pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back