Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bonsai [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] - thought it was a blue dream'matic [as per packet] though now I'm not sure - I don't know if it shows in the photo but this girl is purple all over.

IMG_1265.JPG

Heya LS peeps. So i have a general pest prevention type question, ill just leave it here....
Im battling gnats and i think ive turned the tide. I have been using a combo of di-earth, neem oil/fungicide/pesticide/miticide, and have just started watering with h2o2.
If i understand this correctly, while it will help with the gnats i may be wrecking the good microbes in my soil.
Can i reintroduce bennies to the soil after ive finished treating for the gnats? Would that make any difference or should i just skip out on bennies through the rest of the grow?

Evening baked....I had early issues with the gnats. Completely eradicated.....yellow sticky fly paper - try and lay them flat just above the soil - a couple for each plant dependent on pot size...Even if the fookers manage to lay eggs the new born will fly straight into the paper.....I've not seen a gnat since doing this.

Evening baked....I had early issues with the gnats. Completely eradicated.....yellow sticky fly paper - try and lay them flat just above the soil - a couple for each plant dependent on pot size...Even if the fookers manage to lay eggs the new born will fly straight into the paper.....I've not seen a gnat since doing this.
So 2 things...1st ive already used all 3 things in the war lol, but it does beg the question of the microbes.
2nd, if i understand gnats, the larvae are what does all the damage to the roots. So even if the stickies catch the adults the damage has been done, and if the adults get any time to crawl around on the soil theyre laying their eggs in the soil.
Im thinking ya gotta break that cycle under the soil. Ive done the peroxide watering both top and bottom. Ill let that completely dry up and do another peroxide watering. In between im using the spray and stickies.
The plant is perking up but i can only imagine what was being done to the roots. This was a pretty bad infestation.

So 2 things...1st ive already used all 3 things in the war lol, but it does beg the question of the microbes.
2nd, if i understand gnats, the larvae are what does all the damage to the roots. So even if the stickies catch the adults the damage has been done, and if the adults get any time to crawl around on the soil theyre laying their eggs in the soil.
Im thinking ya gotta break that cycle under the soil. Ive done the peroxide watering both top and bottom. Ill let that completely dry up and do another peroxide watering. In between im using the spray and stickies.
The plant is perking up but i can only imagine what was being done to the roots. This was a pretty bad infestation.

If you catch hem early enough you'll break the cycle quickly.....the sticky stuff covering as much of the soil...remove when watering....bit of neem....bob's your uncle!

Hey guys, got a security question here:

How effective is the police helicopter with detecting a grow? I got 2 600hps going, which is being exhausted out of a window. My setup is in an outside building. I ask this because the last 3-4 nights the helicopter has been circling over my local area, at roughly the same time each night, resulting in me having too go outside and turn the light off. Last night I had too leave the lights off all night because of the chopper.
The reason for the constant is because there has been an incident in my area and police are on the search for someone who is missing. I know they’re out for that but surely they’ll see my activity via their vision? I don’t know. Any tips/pointers are appreciated.

Ta

I'd like to know the answer to that too, Daipot. I know they have heat sensing scanners for certain investigations, especially if they are hunting for live bodies. Keep your eyes to the skies, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back