Status
Not open for further replies.
Ur paranoia is understandable but as long as you don't show anyone :drool: you should be fine.

Has anyone tried those portable ac units out are they worth the money.

If you catch hem early enough you'll break the cycle quickly.....the sticky stuff covering as much of the soil...remove when watering....bit of neem....bob's your uncle!

Another reason I love DWC - no insects! Had terrible gnat problems with coco, especially after using Ecothrive Charge.Nightmare, they eat the roots and breed and breed. Horrible.

I was thinking of buying one to get my temp in that sweet spot just on the fence about it besides the noise you like it?

I use sevin spray untill flower and I'm usually good the rest of my grow. If ur infested already I would tose it in the trash. But if ur trying to save it make sure u rub every leaf top and bottom and soak it while you do it.

Last edited:
I was thinking of buying to get my temp in that sweet spot just on the fence besides the noise you like it?

It's great. But I've only used it a couple of times when the outside temp went into the 30Cs. Basically, if the outside temperature is below 24C, I can run 4 x Telos 0008 lamps and stay under 30C in the tent. Above 24C outside then I use the AC. Also I'm planning on using it to bring the temps down in the tent during flowering. Also it can be used as a dehumidifier, as can most portable ACs. I just don't like having a big pipe sticking out of my window, which you have to do unless you can vent it some other less obvious way.

I was gonna put it in a tent that's already outside 6x6x7 I just wonder if that would be to much of a exerciser for the ac

Last edited:
OK but you have to have a pipe leading from the AC to the outside of the tent. Basically the AC draws heat out of the air in the tent/grow room etc and this heat has to be vented outside of the environment that you are wanting to cool. The best way is to vent the heat outside of the building but that can be problematic in terms of stealth.

I was gonna add a inline fan and charcoal filter to the exhaust but I feel like I'm over thinking it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back