Outdoor Jravens Alaska Summer 2020

We've been out subsistence fishing and have done some canning and smoking. Here's a few pics. First , the hard working trolller out in front of home
DSCN6410_1.jpg

A few lures to drag around
DSCN6409.JPG

A nice mix of king and coho , and a sockeye
DSCN6407.JPG

Good bright fillets
DSCN6411.JPG

And the gulls getting in on the bounty
DSCN6419_1.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN6410_1.jpg
    DSCN6410_1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
I love smoked fish , J , I have been smoking things for many years . since I closed the shop I am without a smoke house at the moment , but will have a smaller one by the end of the year . My shop one was worth $23000 . :thumbsup:

I love smoked fish , J , I have been smoking things for many years . since I closed the shop I am without a smoke house at the moment , but will have a smaller one by the end of the year . My shop one was worth $23000 . :thumbsup:
I'm real fond of it too. I wouldn't mind running a smoker-dryer rig as a job...well with lots of long breaks at this stage lol. I looked at commercial smokers for a while. This community does need some processing capacity since we lost our fish buyer

Hey bud thanks for the lovely view .Beautiful.Going to do some of that leb 27 going to cut off some nice chunks to eat lol.I will let you know how the buzz is.Peace please
I have a couple Leb27 looking like they could finish up good. Let me know :pass: :pass:
DSCN6424.JPG
DSCN6429.JPG

Also we are enjoying a sunny day at last and should get a few more. A little late to save the crop but but it'll help
DSCN6422.JPG

just took a chew of the leb 27 x monk,at about 7 this morning during my morning walk.Usually about halfway thru my 45 min .walk i can feel the effects.Nice head buzz down to a real nice body relaxation.I wasn,t expecting the head rush.Very pleasant tho.Don,t know what pheno is what yet.I have not tried the monk i have cobbed yet.Very nice on the cross .I thought you might like my current project.This is off of our houseboat it was a 69 40 ft.Kayot.We had loads of fun with the kids when they were younger.,lots of good memories for sure.I found the table when i was cleaning out the barn.I think the wood to make the table is teak,not sure tho.It was a mess when i found it.Looking good now.This is the only thing i have left from the boat except my little bell.LOL Peace please
DSC02524.JPG

Attachments

• DSC02517.JPG
    DSC02517.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC02518.JPG
    DSC02518.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC02519.JPG
    DSC02519.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 38
just took a chew of the leb 27 x monk,at about 7 this morning during my morning walk.Usually about halfway thru my 45 min .walk i can feel the effects.Nice head buzz down to a real nice body relaxation.I wasn,t expecting the head rush.Very pleasant tho.Don,t know what pheno is what yet.I have not tried the monk i have cobbed yet.Very nice on the cross .I thought you might like my current project.This is off of our houseboat it was a 69 40 ft.Kayot.We had loads of fun with the kids when they were younger.,lots of good memories for sure.I found the table when i was cleaning out the barn.I think the wood to make the table is teak,not sure tho.It was a mess when i found it.Looking good now.This is the only thing i have left from the boat except my little bell.LOL Peace pleaseView attachment 1232087
Nice wheel, do you know what kind of wood that is? I love those old houseboats. It's probably pretty expensive to keep one these days.
Good news on the cross I hope I get enough off mine to do something with but they are struggling this year. They don't seem as mold resistant as the parents. The monk I think should have less of a head trip but will be interesting to find out :pass:

Teak i think.I am doing a good old fashion hand rubbed finish usually around 50 coats.I m around 25 in.It will have a very beautiful finish when i,m done.It has a piece of glass that goes in the middle.I,m going to use it as a chess table in my rec room.That is all i have of the boat except for the little brass bell.Pretty cool tho.I still have furniture that i made 35 years ago that has the same finish.The furniture looks like it was made yesterday.Minwax is a good product.Peace please

Yep smokey it's been below average on temperature and above average on rainfall. Honestly, we've been getting maybe one or two days in a week that have 'some' sun, a few hours at most. The rest is solid grey. It's not bizarre weather really, just an extreme version of normal lol.:shrug::pass:
Hey Jraven :pass: I hope the weather clears up more for the girls. The Leb27 she must be cold hardy. Spring Summer here may be wetter than normal, will see, if that happens. Love the view and salmon look so nice and fresh:drool: sure beats eating it from a can -john west

Back