Outdoor Jravens Alaska Summer 2020

Love the boat. My brother, from Anchorage is at and near Kodiac island fishing. Said the silver and pink salmon were not as plentiful as in the past. Also said that a mother grizzly and two cubs charged them yesterday but nothing came of it. By satellite phone he said that they were slaying the antifa halibut right and left today

Love the boat. My brother, from Anchorage is at and near Kodiac island fishing. Said the silver and pink salmon were not as plentiful as in the past. Also said that a mother grizzly and two cubs charged them yesterday but nothing came of it. By satellite phone he said that they were slaying the antifa halibut right and left today
Catches are down in this area too. We'll be out in a week or so to go after our home pack with the old boat. It looks like we are pretty much retired from commercial fishing so the new boat will be minimally rigged for the subsistence fishing in the future :thumbsup:

Never quite got a summer here,, and it feels like it's turning to fall now.
Here's one of my Alf 5 x Leb27s getting some of that color
DSCN6346.JPG
DSCN6347.JPG

DSCN6348.JPG

August and September are usually the hottest months where I am located in Michigan. Last few nights have been in the 40's and days in the 60's instead of the usual high 80's. My last two photo plants haven't even started flowering while the strain I planted outside last year were packing on buds by now. How many hours of daylight do you have now? 14 down here still. I won't be bothering with photos outside again. I now have 500 seeds from an auto strain I pollinated that gets huge for an auto. Do you grow photo plants up there outside at all?

Attachments

• photoperiod.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
  • blueberry bud.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
August and September are usually the hottest months where I am located in Michigan. Last few nights have been in the 40's and days in the 60's instead of the usual high 80's. My last two photo plants haven't even started flowering while the strain I planted outside last year were packing on buds by now. How many hours of daylight do you have now? 14 down here still. I won't be bothering with photos outside again. I now have 500 seeds from an auto strain I pollinated that gets huge for an auto. Do you grow photo plants up there outside at all?
We're at 13 hours daylight now. It's @ 50-60F most days. We start losing the season around now and mid September is about it for outdoor. The greenhouse is ok till October 1.
The only photos I grow now are the Danes,( Leb27 and Monk so far) they seem to like the awful weather. Well at least they grow in it lol.

Gals looking healthy... just slow. I hope you get a few weeks of warmer, sunnier weather coming your way.
We are in a major drought here.. could use a bit of your rain.
Thanks sister. The plants are poking along but they have some time left...could use a good shot of sun.
I think we've had all the rain we need so you can have the rest:rofl::pass:

Back